1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to pull the trigger, (yes, pun intended) and order a new Mono next month, but after today, I hope I don't need to sell what I have.

Anybody else get hammered today?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I was going to pull the trigger, (yes, pun intended) and order a new Mono next month, but after today, I hope I don't need to sell what I have.

I have no idea what you're writing about, but it's beautiful, man.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I bought two Springers this week.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Don't sweat it! Ebs and flows of the market, it has already rebounded quite a bit.

Order that Mono, it will be many moons before you actually get it! Don't ask how I know......I think I can hear the clock ticking....very slowly

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Don't sweat it! Ebs and flows of the market, it has already rebounded quite a bit.

Order that Mono, it will be many moons before you actually get it! Don't ask how I know......I think I can hear the clock ticking....very slowly
This^^^^^

Rick

·
Banned
13,565 Posts

I'm gonna say something that will probably pi$$ off some folks but here it is.

If stock market fluctuations are affecting your everyday purchases......you need to evaluate your spending. If you're selling pistols to raise money due to the stock market dropping 10%, or if you're putting an order on hold because the market dropped this week,...you're spending over your head.

Unless you've got 6 months worth of your fixed expenses (mortgage...electric bill, insurance etc....) sitting in an emergency fund......you have no business buying a $2,500 pistol.

Flame on.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts

If stock market fluctuations are affecting your everyday purchases......you need to evaluate your spending. If you're selling pistols to raise money due to the stock market dropping 10%, or if you're putting an order on hold because the market dropped this week,...you're spending over your head.

Unless you've got 6 months worth of your fixed expenses (mortgage...electric bill, insurance etc....) sitting in an emergency fund......you have no business buying a $2,500 pistol.

Flame on.
It is a good point.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Just put it on a credit card. Because...AMERICA!
And this is why I don't have a credit card. I'd have some crazy debt. In proud to be an American, so if be living the American way. lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Flame on.
Hey TRSotto,

Thanks for the sound financial advice!

Six months of an emergency fund? Who woulda thought? I don't have a mortgage, but saving up for electric and cable bills is a great idea.

Please don't lecture me on my spending habits. You don't know me.

I don't have a six month emergency plan, I have a 30 year retirement investment strategy that is working very well.

Yes, I was upset that I lost a five figure number by noon yesterday, but rest assured Otto, I can pay my cable bill and still afford the mono.

I swear to God, exaggerated hyperbole is a lost art here.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hey TRSotto,

Thanks for the sound financial advice!

Six months of an emergency fund? Who woulda thought? I don't have a mortgage, but saving up for electric and cable bills is a great idea.

Please don't lecture me on my spending habits. You don't know me.

I don't have a six month emergency plan, I have a 30 year retirement investment strategy that is working very well.

Yes, I was upset that I lost a five figure number by noon yesterday, but rest assured Otto, I can pay my cable bill and still afford the mono.

I swear to God, exaggerated hyperbole is a lost art here.
You did seem serious and your post count is low enough that people may not know how to take you, just saying. However, I'd like to hear more about this mono you want to order. I have a mono hwy 38 super on order and can't wait.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
You did seem serious and your post count is low enough that people may not know how to take you, just saying. However, I'd like to hear more about this mono you want to order. I have a mono hwy 38 super on order and can't wait.
Also, did you get a chance to order some grips from Sarge already? It is not polite to bring a new Mono home and not have a fancy new pair of shoes for it :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
My wife and I recently played golf with a Police officer from Ft Worth TX who is on bodyguard detail for the Mayor.
He told my wife guns are one investment that don't lose money over time.
It almost made me want to tell her about the Wilson I have on order to go with the two LB's and the 2 Guncrafters, but I resisted.

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
High Quality problems we face in today's times.

You want to talk about "hammered"??? Listen to my horror story.

With the recent downturn of the stock market, I was forced for go my weekly shopping at Whole Foods for my family and had to shop at one of the local supermarkets instead.

Oh the humanity of it all..................:rolleyes:

Again, "high quality" problems.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
High Quality problems we face in today's times.

You want to talk about "hammered"??? Listen to my horror story.

With the recent downturn of the stock market, I was forced for go my weekly shopping at Whole Foods for my family and had to shop at one of the local supermarkets instead.

Oh the humanity of it all..................:rolleyes:

Again, "high quality" problems.
Let us know if you accept donations :) (or looking to sell a Mono or two ;))

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know the gun market is very slow and has been for a while . I've seen some nice guns going cheap on other sites and most are still there . It's funny how some days people want a specific model gun and can't find one and now someone has one and no one wants it ? Hmm .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts