1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was on the fence about the Marvel, some things I loved about it few things I didn't like about the looks of (not sure about the stippling). Broke down when a great FFL by me got one in stainless. Went straight to the range and put 100 rounds through it this morning (picked it up from FFL 30 minutes earlier). WOW, that about sums it up... WOW

I had read some reviews how it shot more like a 5" than a commander and they were right. Felt recoil was more like a 5" and ejection was just like my 5".

For reference in the last couple of years I've had Brown Special Forces & Elite, Baer UTC and Super Carry, Wilson CQB Elite and CQB Compact as well as Nighthawk Talon, Enforcer and T3. All since gone except my Talon and this Marvel goes above them all.

For all you Nighthawk guys out there it was built by Joey Lehr and he did a dam fine job.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Congrats. But I have to ask what sets this one apart from a who's who of very fine guns you previously owned?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What i'm most impressed with the the overall balance of the gun, sure it has great fit and finish just like all the others but whats most shocking to me is how they got a commander to feel and function like a Gov. . I certainly didn't mean in any way that the others listed were sub-par it's the opposite I use them to show how high the bar is.

So much of the feel is certainly personal preference and taste but the function was really impressive.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Well the Marvel model is sorta the pinnacle of 1911's, nothing should surprise anyone. I have one coming, over a year of drooling and planning.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome the Bob Marvel family. It's a great 1911, enjoy it.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
One of my favorites, because of the feel when shooting and unique features. Stands out in the collection. Congrats on yours!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts