1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All-

Been reading the forums for some time now, and just yesterday I purchased a used Norinco 1911A1. It just happened to be in the local ads at a very reasonable price. I really wanted to use the Norinco as a base for a retro-style 1911 with a nice blued finish. Problem is that the Norinco I got is nickel plated and would require the removal of the nickel finish for my desired project pistol. My question is would it be smarter just to trade my nickel 1911A1 for a blued version? I don't know how collectable or rare my pistol is but I wouldn't want to ruin one just because I wanted a different finish. Besides the finish, the pistol looks well made and finished. There are quite a few tooling marks but I was prepared for that. Thank you for your insight and comments. Anything you might be able to share will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
WELCOME!!!! Pull up a log and have a seat.

Now to your question

Not many NI Norincos imported into the US. IIRC the exact (or kinda close to it) number can be found in the Norinco thread that is "stickied" at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are looking for a base pistol to build up, see if someone would swap their blued Norinco for the nickled one. I'm sure it would be swapped as the nickle ones have a certain look to them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts