1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Rob:

DW did make a PT-C. It is the Commander size without the Bobtail. Is your's bobtailed? If so, I would GUESS you got a mismatch slide and frame. I don't see it being a problem other than the having PT-C vs PT-CBOB.

As far as the "Y", can you post a pic? Have no idea on that.

Here is a list of codes that Dave posted awhile ago.

Common acronyms:

------------------

Prefixes:
PT = Patriot
RZ = Razorback
PM = Pointman
K03 = Panther

Intermediate:
E = Expert = Adjustable sight
M = Marksman = Fixed sight
DP = Dave Pruitt
G = Guardian
GD = Guardian Duce (2-Tone)
EXP = Experimental
HC = High Capacity
1 = Major
2 = Minor 2
3 = Minor
7 = Model Seven
9 = 9mm
A = Aussie
C = Commander
CBOB = Commander Bobtail
CCO = Commander COncealed
XS = Model XS (similar to Panther; often refered to as 'XSS' as it was a stainless gun)

Suffix:
S = Stainless
B = Blue
C = Checkered Frontstrap
FS = Fixed Sights
AS = Adjustable Sights
10 = 10mm
45 = 45acp

Severns Custom
Take care,
Art

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Take her out...(Wife and the CBOB) sounds like she wants to shoot it as much as you. Which is good of course!....BUT you may then need to buy her one as well. She probably won't be satisfied with the PM1 after she shoots it.

Enjoy it!

Art

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
rob

Good pics and it looks very nice! I have never seen that mark-upsidedown Y before...Interesting. Posting the pic here for ya. Maybe Bob or Keith can fill us in on it.
Thanks,
Art

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
robdeker said:
And I'm no longer worried about the warrantee issue...I just spoke to a rep @ CZ-USA and have more info.

1) demo/scratch&dent items have no warrantee (This is contrary to what my dealer said...Gonna have to call him back on THAT one)
2) The inverted Y stamp is indeed to mark demo guns
-d
I would bet that DW would still honor a true warrenty issue for you. While I can not guarantee that of course, that is my opinion. Email Keith and ask him his response to that.

Thanks for all the info!

Take care,
Art

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Rob

I had emailed Keith at DW about this warrenty issue and here is his reply:

As you know CZ does own us now. We have to follow their policies. HOWEVER... We have always had excellent customer service and have always taken care of our customers. We plan on continuing to do so. So, what that means for you is that if you have any problems in the future because of something we did, we will do everything we can to help you. We stand by our products whether it be a demo, blem, or anything else.
As I expected...So I would not be very concerned at this point.

Take care,
Art

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.