1911Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Snagglepuss said:
Boy, from your description I expected a gun with more use marks. That is one nice clean pistol. I would be proud to own it. Soon I hope to have one myself. Good luck getting your xmas present just the way you like it.:rock:
I should have taken before and after pics. It's not beat up, but it sure was dirty....

I'm a bit particular on how I clean my 1911s :)

-d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dave Severns said:
Rob:
That MSH exposure is pretty normal for the DWs, due to the variance in widths between the frame ways and the rails on the MSH itself, allowing it to protrude slightly. Pretty easy to tend to.

And I'm no longer worried about the warrantee issue...I just spoke to a rep @ CZ-USA and have more info.

1) demo/scratch&dent items have no warrantee (This is contrary to what my dealer said...Gonna have to call him back on THAT one)
2) The inverted Y stamp is indeed to mark demo guns
3) The "demo" guns are usually carried around to events where they have shooting demo booths (IDPA Nationals, etc) and they "shoot the heck out of 'em"
4) Revolvers are in the works. He specifically mentioned the 7445 VH8, Alaskan Guide Special, and the return of the Pistol Pack!
5) No 1911 custom shop yet.

So, there's a little more info for the group...I'm a bit conflicted on the warrantee issue...the $50 difference in price is kind of worth it to me. Then again, if it were to get blended & hardchromed I'd no longer have a warrantee anyways...

-d
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Thanks for the update. I can hardly wait to see that pistol pack. Did he happen to mention the caliber?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Snagglepuss said:
Thanks for the update. I can hardly wait to see that pistol pack. Did he happen to mention the caliber?
Nope. He made it sound as if pistol packs would be a custom shop order. After he said "custom shop" I asked about 1911 customs and he said that there wasn't any custom stuff on the 1911's yet.

I'm betting we see some wheelguns at the SHOT show tho... :)

-d
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,762 Posts
robdeker said:
And I'm no longer worried about the warrantee issue...I just spoke to a rep @ CZ-USA and have more info.

1) demo/scratch&dent items have no warrantee (This is contrary to what my dealer said...Gonna have to call him back on THAT one)
2) The inverted Y stamp is indeed to mark demo guns
-d
I would bet that DW would still honor a true warrenty issue for you. While I can not guarantee that of course, that is my opinion. Email Keith and ask him his response to that.

Thanks for all the info!

Take care,
Art
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Noklue3 said:
I would bet that DW would still honor a true warrenty issue for you. While I can not guarantee that of course, that is my opinion. Email Keith and ask him his response to that.

Thanks for all the info!
I've emailed the dealer to see what he says about it, and I figure I'll give a call to DW tomorrow and see if I can catch Keith for a second.

If I get any more interesting tidbits I'll let you folks know!

-d
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,762 Posts
Rob

I had emailed Keith at DW about this warrenty issue and here is his reply:

As you know CZ does own us now. We have to follow their policies. HOWEVER... We have always had excellent customer service and have always taken care of our customers. We plan on continuing to do so. So, what that means for you is that if you have any problems in the future because of something we did, we will do everything we can to help you. We stand by our products whether it be a demo, blem, or anything else.
As I expected...So I would not be very concerned at this point.

Take care,
Art
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top