1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked it up this morning from my FFL. Got it home and checked it all out. Detail stripped, cleaned, and lubed. Forgot how much I hate installing the 80 series safety. A cutoff q-tip stick helps, but still don't like it. I don't mind them once installed as I have not noticed them affecting the trigger pull much. While I had it tore down I touch up all trigger group parts with a very mild polish job. I am surprised how tight the slide to frame fit is. Zero rattle, and definitely a tight lockup. I did bend the right leg of the sear spring to put a little more tension on the grip safety. I put the trigger pull gauge on it and came in just over 5#. I figure that will drop some after I dry fire it a few hundred times, but it has a clean break. Will probably replace the trigger with a Fusion flat one, and also the sights. I already order a set of VZ grips for it.

Not sure when I will get to the range to shoot next.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
236 Posts
First nice score. Second I didn't know the Fusion double stack trigger would fit the Para's. Let me know if it works I have a P18-9 that I want to get a different trigger for.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just received a response to my email from Fusion. The trigger will not fit the Para frame. BUMMER
First nice score. Second I didn't know the Fusion double stack trigger would fit the Para's. Let me know if it works I have a P18-9 that I want to get a different trigger for.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up a surplus STI trigger from a friend and will try to see if that will fit. If it does then I know I can also use and SVI modular trigger

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've got a couple of the STI triggers. They're good, no complaints. But I also have Dlask titanium/magnesium triggers sized for Para/STI which I really like. Go to Dlask Arms webpage and you can find them. I have used other parts of theirs over the years and have found them to be excellent quality.
Rob

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a couple of the STI triggers. They're good, no complaints. But I also have Dlask titanium/magnesium triggers sized for Para/STI which I really like. Go to Dlask Arms webpage and you can find them. I have used other parts of theirs over the years and have found them to be excellent quality.
Rob
I only see 1911 triggers there. The P14.45 is a wide body

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the STI trigger does not work, as the Para has an 80 series safety, and the STI does not, so the bow is not straight across the back to trip the safety lever. I could convert it to a 70 series, but for now it is a no go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts