1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my P14 for about a month now. Im still having problem posting a photo. Thats why I dont have any attachment here. And also took me a while to post this coz im trying to attached the photo of my para and how she shoots. Anyway....after I get my first para, went to the range the next morning. It shoots 2.5" to the left and 2.5" low at 7yrds. Im thinking maybe its only me, cause its been 2 years since last time fired a gun.
At home while cleaning it. I notice that the rear sight is not at the center. Then the next morning bring it to the range, centered the rear, zeroed it using their bench rest. And there goes my new P14, a head shot at 25yrds with all 14 from the mag. 1.5" at 25yrds. Your right robert Im not dissapointed with it. Cant wait to get my next para...10mm conversion is tempting.:)

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
zer

Glad you enjoy your Para. Worst mistake I made is selling my P-14 Ltd to my son. Working now on buying it back. He will get it in the end anyway. Both it and my SSP are super accurate and dependable.

I am about to embark on a project using a loading referred to up here as armco-08. Kind of a .45 Super on steroids. The only thing you have to do to your gun is add 20 lb spring, matching firing pin spring and shock buffs. Boys up here use it for bear protection. 200 gr Hard Cast SWC @ 1,500 fps. Cases are made form reamed out and shortened .308 cases.

Stay Safe

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Grizz Axxemann

Hey how about the Eskimos - I hope they kick butt this afternoon.

If you look West down Hwy 16 far enough you will see Terrace, B.C. We have tons of what the tree huggers called endangered Black Bears - I see one is down the street as we speak - and and even more of the, quickly becoming extinct West Coast Grizzlies :rolleyes: . Blacks can either be timid and run like heck when they see you or about as agressive as you want. Grizz on the other hand either ignore you and wonder off or decide on having a 180 lb steak at which time finding a easy to climb tree is in order.....quickly. Failing that something you can shoot quickly and accurately.

Stay Safe

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.
Is it a new gun? If so, it's not a "P14". If I'm not mistaken, all of the newer "Limited" guns are designated with an "S"...as in "S14".
Does your gun look like mine?

My gun is an "S14 .45 Limited".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
carlos64030 said:
Congratulations on your purchase.
Is it a new gun? If so, it's not a "P14". If I'm not mistaken, all of the newer "Limited" guns are designated with an "S"...as in "S14".
Does your gun look like mine?
My gun is an "S14 .45 Limited".
Sorry for that... actually the model is covert black S14.45 ltd. Does all adjustable rear sight paras shipped offset? ( I mean the rear sight not centered ) This is my first gun with fully adjustable rear sight. Mine is far left when I got it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
robertbank said:
Hey how about the Eskimos - I hope they kick butt this afternoon.

If you look West down Hwy 16 far enough you will see Terrace, B.C. We have tons of what the tree huggers called endangered Black Bears - I see one is down the street as we speak - and and even more of the, quickly becoming extinct West Coast Grizzlies :rolleyes: . Blacks can either be timid and run like heck when they see you or about as agressive as you want. Grizz on the other hand either ignore you and wonder off or decide on having a 180 lb steak at which time finding a easy to climb tree is in order.....quickly. Failing that something you can shoot quickly and accurately.

Stay Safe
Black bears aren't endagered. They're saying the same things about our blackies and the SH Grizzes too. I look like an all-you can eat buffet to a bear (I'm in the 300 lb range.) My life is more important than a bears. I always win.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.