1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a P16-40 LTD in Black. I have wanted one of these for quite some time. 16 rounds of 40 in a SA pistol is very appealing. I took the slide off lubed it up real good and headed to the range. 500 rounds of win white box later with intermittent lubing and I was pleasantly surprised. The 500 rounds where shot over the course of three range visits, 200 then 150 and 150. No cleaning in between just lots of oil. Not one single FTF and it is very accurate. I didn't bench it but I could keep most of my shots in the black on my reduced size targets at 50 feet. I typically have a little difficulty with double stacks but it doesn't stop me from buying them. This double stack was no different, it is a little blocky and it would take me a little while to adjust my grip but once I did it was very comfortable and controllable. I then gave it a good cleaning, overall finish is not the greatest and the trigger has a heavy pull. Slide to frame to barrel fit is tight. The bushing is snug but not tight. I paid 715 to budsgunshop.com plus 20 shipping and FFL transfer fee. I will be mailing my rebate for 50, so for the money I think it was a pretty good buy. All it really needs is a trigger job and maybe a match bushing. Overall I am very happy with the purchase. The high caps are 140 for two with shipping, a little steep but I will probably get them anyway. You know anything gun related can be a justified purchase. The 40 in a SA is a blast to shoot and I know there will be more in the safe down the road. I would not hesitate to add another Para to the box, maybe a Tac-Four or P16-40 LTD LDA.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts