1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK i had an impulse buy tonight! i have always known about the lda and its options. so i saw one in the case got a deal on it and the short grip double stack intrigued me. Any pros or cons you want to add about this gun feel free!

heres the deal, i am familiar with the pro size kimber and this gun is considerably different. just would help if somebody would give me a technical run down.

here are my specs (i think mine is a L12.45SR)
short grip
4" barrel
bushing in end of barrel
alen head bolt in end of recoil spring
green frame
stale style front sight and non novak cut rear sight, just one dove tail-like my old gi

i can figure most of this out but i got no box and no manual. all i know is that is says 12.45 LDA on the slide. can anyone tell me what model number it is, im looking for the one from para like cxt12341, cms1134, pxt yada yada yada.

also above the trigger on right side of gun(if you were shooting it) has DC 1993 stamped on it, is this how old the thing is or just a serial number.

sweet gun but i want different sights for it and most of all how to take it apart as my kimber has no barrel bushing! i found the manaul on the internet but this must be an old model 12.45 because the pictures for the 12.45 only steps looked different than mine!

p.s. i am not a gun newbie at all! i reload and shoot the hell out of my kimber, just new to this specific lda, i bought one because i have read about them and the price was right. hope this thing shoots as good as it looks!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Do you have a picture that you could post? The "DC1993" is the serial number. If you call Para directly, they can tell you when it was manufactured and what the actual model number is.

Good luck and post a pic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill get a picture tonight

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here it is, i was contacted by para and told it was a D1245ER i believe. Also it was made in 2000. Anybody know a different set of sights i can get for this gun, or grips, where can i get a new aftermarket bushing as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Punisher45 said:
here it is, i was contacted by para and told it was a D1245ER i believe. Also it was made in 2000. Anybody know a different set of sights i can get for this gun, or grips, where can i get a new aftermarket bushing as well?
Grips are all over the web just search for p12 grips. Sights are a little harder to come by because of the dovetail sizes, try MMC sights or possibly dawson there are a bunch of others too but I can think of them. All depends on what kind of sights you are looking for. Brownells sells briley bushings which are great, but of course may require some fitting. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Grips

According George Wedge at para Ord. none of the grips makers will make for the P-12, too thin and too complicated, except for maybe the rubber and plastic grip makers, the thichness limits the materials that would be strong enough to stay together on the gun, the dust cover tab at the back is a pain and while combined with slope of the upper part of the inside of the grip, it makes for a complicated jig or machine that will make these affordably, i only know because para just sent me the P12 grip frame so I could make them. im not in production on these yet, still tooling up, most probably will stick to stabilized woods and micarta. Also bone and horn. you may find a grip maker out there who has bought the gun and started making them already though

·
Registered
160 Posts
knifemaker7 said:
According George Wedge at para Ord. none of the grips makers will make for the P-12, too thin and too complicated, except for maybe the rubber and plastic grip makers, the thichness limits the materials that would be strong enough to stay together on the gun, the dust cover tab at the back is a pain and while combined with slope of the upper part of the inside of the grip, it makes for a complicated jig or machine that will make these affordably, i only know because para just sent me the P12 grip frame so I could make them. im not in production on these yet, still tooling up, most probably will stick to stabilized woods and micarta. Also bone and horn. you may find a grip maker out there who has bought the gun and started making them already though
There are some that manufacture wood grips for them. They are thicker than what comes on them stock but they do make them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Carbon creations said they could make me a pair. Carbonfiber is tough and looks really cool.....But they told me that it would cost about $150 a pair:eek:

·
Registered
812 Posts
shadetree said:
....But they told me that it would cost about $150 a pair:eek:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The Pearce people make some nice rubber grips for that gun. Pachmayr may have 'em too - I had no luck with them when I bought my Tac-Four some time ago.

However, the complications of the double-stacker make wood iffy, along with other materials. Plastic or rubber works because there's some give in the material.

This gun's an LDA, so the "dust cover" part of the grip isn't needed, and needs to be removed, if it's there. The SA versions have a cutout in the frame for the rear of the trigger bow that has to be covered, but the LDA's use a drawbar beside the chamber area, so no cutout.

Non-LDA, it'd be PCX1245 or PC1245. They put "CTX1345G" on my green Tac-Four, which is essentially the same gun (and LDA) with 13+1 instead of 12+1 capacity (and a slightly longer grip frame).

I'm still trying to sort out the model # scheme....

Enjoy it!

Regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts