1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping for a little information. It turns out that my wife has ordered a para elite carry 45 for a Christmas gift to me(gotta love her),best I can tell she overheard me talking about them one night and went to my dealer and ordered one. Ok I know about para but have never owned or shot any. Looked on the web but not much info on this particular model. Anyone have reviews or knowledge that could help please. I have also been informed by my Gunsmith that of late there quality has been greatly improved from what he has seen (also read the same on this site). ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.

·
Registered
193 Posts
love the wife, and the gun!

Don't complain, or she won't get you another next year. It has a lifetime warranty, so you should have no long lasting issues, if any at all!:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
i started in the 80's with a para frame before they even made a complete weapon an have had several since and never had an issue with any. your a lucky guy.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Yup, I'd like to see it too.

You got a good wife too.......mine showed me the Colt Gunsite in the display case....it wasn't there long. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Surprise, I didn't think it was available yet, think web site says coming soon, I have the Slim Hawg which it is replacing. Don't know differences other than EGW extractor which I have courtesy of Para. It's my everyday carry. They look identical.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations on such a wonderful wife and a very good gift. I have several Para's and have only had very dependable accurate guns from them. Never a problem. Love them all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good day everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping for a little information. It turns out that my wife has ordered a para elite carry 45 for a Christmas gift to me(gotta love her),best I can tell she overheard me talking about them one night and went to my dealer and ordered one. Ok I know about para but have never owned or shot any. Looked on the web but not much info on this particular model. Anyone have reviews or knowledge that could help please. I have also been informed by my Gunsmith that of late there quality has been greatly improved from what he has seen (also read the same on this site). ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.
Burtboomer, I just bought one last week. Man r u in for a nice surprise! I ordered it from a friend who has a ffl. The catalog said it was going to be an Elite Agent (old style). Turns out what they sent was an Elite Carry. Boy did I luck out! What a nice ccw pistol. Has the all the goodies listed on the website. Looks and handles great. Only thing it didn't have was the magazine bumper pads as per the photo on the website. Turns out the mags are made by checkmate. I called them and they are sending me a couple. The factory hasn't made them available through the ProShop yet. let me know what you think about the pistol. I know you won't be disappointed. :rock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts