1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time out with the new stainless Patriot Marksman (fixed sights) was a couple of weeks ago. 100 Blazer 230 gr fmj. Performed flawlessly. Adjusted rear sight but didn’t loctite.

Yesterday (Christmas) I took the gun the gun apart, cleaned and oiled with Eezox. (I have a bread bakery and am thinking that a drier lube is less likely to make wallpaper paste on the gun with all the flour in the air.) I couldn’t get the barrel bushing out, but after looking at some gun web sites it looks like I had the wrong position for removal.

Fit, finish are tight and excellent. The only minor flaw i could find is a little uneven gap to the right of the beavertail, no biggie. Bevelling is excellent.

Today:

50 winchester white box fmj, no problems, tight groups most of the time, best was 8 rnds less than 1” at 10 yds.

50 Magtech fmj, 1 fail to eject or feed the next round because of a VERY light loaded cartridge. It was so light, i check to make sure nothing was in the barrel, even though it hit the target. Obviously a Magtech problem. Case looked fine. All cases showed center primer strikes, and a small flat spot along the edge (from the extractor?).

20 Corbon 200 gr +p. FTF 3 times. Those big hollow points didn’t want to go up the feed ramp.

8 Speer GD 185 gr. No problems.

25 federal Hydrashok, 230gr, no problems

Trigger is very crisp, feels like right around 3.5 lbs.

Took it apart, degreased, looked it over, lubed. Feels VERY smooth. Set the rear sight with loctite

I am delighted with my purchase! Took it to a local gun store that hadn’t seen the Dan Wesson's, and they oohed and aahed over it.

My only planned changes are the grip screws. I bought pachmyer finger-groove grips for it, but don’t know if I’ll use them. Factory setup works well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey Baker..!

Great write up!! Thanks!!! OK - now, we want some pictures :cool: Also...

1" at 10 yards for 8 rounds????? YIKERS!!! Nice shooten...!!! :eek:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1" at 10 yards for 8 rounds????? YIKERS!!! Nice shooten...!!!
It was my best group to date! :D

No digital camera, so pictures will take some doin'. I'll work on it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Baker -
Good report for your new Patriot. Even better on that sub-1 inch group.

I had problems getting 230 gr hp into the pipe, too. Gave up for a while. No trouble running ball. The Ranier plated bullets will not run worth a hoot, either.

Be sure to let us know how she is going after about 500 rounds.

Regards

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another range session today,

50 winchester white box

50 magtech

8 hydrashok

12 Speer gold dot

all flawless, but no especially noteworthy groups. I guess I'll laminate the other one and refer to it as "The Group" from now on:biglaugh:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we hit the 500 round mark and are getting well acquainted. No other hiccups or complaints FROM the gun, and no complaints ABOUT the gun, either!

This is now my carry piece, and it is a pleasure to have, shoot and carry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts