1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She gets carried alot more than she gets shot. Mostly I take it with me out in the woods. Its my first 1911 and now, I'm looking into a commander sized 1911.

clipse

·
Registered
556 Posts
I seem to remember this pistol from a few months or years ago. IIRC, that's a king's #203 grip safety and you make the grips yourself and soaked them in linseed oil?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I knda like the looks of those plain dark brown grips agenst the finsih of the gun. Understated!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Revolver Ocelot said:
I seem to remember this pistol from a few months or years ago. IIRC, that's a king's #203 grip safety and you make the grips yourself and soaked them in linseed oil?

thats correct. The tread you're probably thinking about is in my sigline.

clipse

·
Registered
851 Posts
gi 1911a1

clipse:

I tried to replace the firing pin on my GI after I got it back from Yost. A GI FP would not fit. Did you have alter the FP channel?
retsgt

·
Registered
55 Posts
retsgt said:
clipse:

I tried to replace the firing pin on my GI after I got it back from Yost. A GI FP would not fit. Did you have alter the FP channel?
retsgt
Springfield uses a 38 Super FP not a 45 FP.

·
Registered
851 Posts
GI workhorse

Clipse:
Well that explains everything. Thanks. I'll have to get two: one for my sons GI Springfield.
Retsgt

·
Registered
346 Posts
Workhorse is right 1911 of the year

My son has one of these and it was in the same hole out of the box and will shoot anything :rock: :rock: 1911 of the year $400 instead of $2500 sign me up right now, between the five I have seen all have been the same and we are talking the cheapest version, Son and his friends have cleaned me out on my 200 gr lead semi wadcutters for plinking :scratch: :scratch:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Gi

Nice GI. Like those wood grips. Clipse, do you clip that light on the trigger guard? Been looking for a light for my Loaded Champ.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Oh My GOD! :eek:

Someone is actually removing their pistol from the box shooting it, and holstering it!

And worse! This person hasn't yet asked where he could get the pistol refinished!

(Clipse -- I'm buying your beer after our range session if ya come to this neighborhood.)

-- Chuck

·
Registered
874 Posts
Chuck S said:
Oh My GOD! :eek:

Someone is actually removing their pistol from the box shooting it, and holstering it!

And worse! This person hasn't yet asked where he could get the pistol refinished!

(Clipse -- I'm buying your beer after our range session if ya come to this neighborhood.)

-- Chuck
Sounds like people here and at HKPro have a lot in common...safe queens LoL

·
Registered
474 Posts
Totally one of the reasons I want one. I like the park. finish and the way it shows wear. Hell, I got my Wilson with the Armor-tuff JUST so it would eventually show some wear. 1911's NEED to have character wear, they are just too bad-ass not to.
This goes for anything. I love the look of a well used, well worn tool. Usually means that it is a damn good piece and never lets the user down, hence the worn look and the lack of hesitation to use it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts