1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and new to the Dan Wesson pistols. I have just purchased a scratch and dent PM7 and look forward to shooting it in the near future. I have a lot riding on this gun and hope that it shoots as good as it looks.

I bought the scratch and dent version based upon reading this forum and I have to agree that it was a steal. I can not find anything wrong with it. The fit and finish are wonderfull.

I am in the process of using the search function to answer some of my questions about this gun and will post my progress as I get more into the gun.

Thank you for all of the information that I have received from this forum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats !! I too am in the process of pulling the trigger and buying my first 1911 and YES it is going to be the Pointman Seven.
Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my PM7 a little over a week ago. First thing I did was clean it and then ran out to the range and put a 100 rounds of Win White box thru it. Everyone ran fine. Your going to love it!

What kind of mags did you get with yours? Mine came with 2 cheap looking blued 7 rounders. The 10mm I found at Cabelas came with nice stainless mags.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have never liked Win Whi Box...

....it always shoots dirty in my autoloaders. I'm a big Magtech fan because it doesn't. Anybody else had the same experience??

·
Registered
24 Posts
....it always shoots dirty in my autoloaders. I'm a big Magtech fan because it doesn't. Anybody else had the same experience??

They were dirty but wanted to run some factory thru mine before the handloads just in case there were any feeds problems. I didn't want to diagnose a self inflicted issue. Never fired a Magtech round and since the WW I've been very happy with the handloads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts