1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, you guys weren't much help---I bought a new Pro model. I am very excited. I picked it up yesterday and plan on shooting it this weekend. One question---do you have to be a body builder to pull the slide back on that thing. I knew they were tight, but jeez I almost broke a sweat. Is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
All the Pro I've seen are tight when new. Your gun will loosen up a bit after a few hundred rounds. One technique to open or unlock a tight slide from battery is (keep the muzzle in a safe direction as always) grab the slide area just under the rear sight with your four fingers and palm, wrap or hook your thumb around the grip safety (bottom) then "pinch" the slide and grip safety/grip frame together. Works every time. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine was rediculously tight also but after a few hundred rounds it smoothed out to only incredibly tight. It's perfect now, shoots like rifle! :rock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
came back from the range---what a pistol. I finally got it taken apart so that I could clean it. I am taking it to the range again on Tues for a class. I am glad you guys didn't talk me out of it. I am back to my original plan--I am going to buy the rail version now. the warrior will have to move out of the bedroom and into the safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts