1911Forum banner

New Project BHP

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Wycowboy 
#1 ·
I recently purchased this from Gunbroker. Apparently the original owner decided to try his hand at Brownells Aluma Hyde. Epic fail. That being said it's really a decent pistol. I just need to deal with the finish removal then have it refinished professionally. The trigger is actually quite nice but I did notice a 3 coil trigger return spring. I will completely respring
it so I know what I have. It's sporting Spegal delrin grips and dead Novak 3 dot night sights.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think thats a fine looking gun.

Having the Novak cuts on there will really open up your options. I think you could even send the slide in to Novaks and they can replace just the vials if you like the sights themselves...

I know this is a little tacky...but, if you decide to upgrade your grips I'd be interested in those.

#6 ·
Break it down, soak in acetone, and scrub….
I have a FEG that was trashed and needed a refinish (as well as added some factory BHP parts).
I had to tear it down, run through ultrasonic cleaner, then used alumahyde to finish it up. I had to strip it twice during the process because that stuff can be difficult to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Che
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.