1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I work at a gun shop on the side. When I went into work I saw a few Dillon Presses sitting in the hall. I spoke to the owner and purchased them. He just really wanted to unload everything he had at once. I got an RL 1050, Square Deal, Dillon Electric scale, redding NM die, several comp holsters, and alot more. I estimated I bought him out for ten cents on the dollar.
I went over the 1050, and did a few hundred rounds with it. It is unreal - it is the smoothiest press I have ever used. The square deal is going back as it has issues - Dillons warranty is great.

I just felt the need to share my purchase. I was really pleased with the deal I got. Neither press was safe the way it was so it took some work, but at least the 1050 is running great and Square Deal will be. I was shocked how much smoother the 1050 was over my 650.

Anthony

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Yup, I recently bought a Super 1050 and although I figure it will take me 6 years to amortize it I still grin every time it spits out a round with the primer seated dead level, just below flush, in a freshly swaged primer pocket. Way ahead of the rest.

That poor guy will just have to buy new presses after the divorce, though. I figure his wife told him that either the shooting gear went or she went. He picked wrong, I have seen it happen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by agabriel:
Hello,
I work at a gun shop on the side. When I went into work I saw a few Dillon Presses sitting in the hall. (snip)

I'm envious....I wish I could find a deal like that. Good work, and congratulations.

Absinthe

------------------
"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

1 - 3 of 3 Posts