1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I guess I'm Old School, but a rail on a 1911 just bugs me. They don't bother me on a Glock, or about anything else, but something about it on a 1911 turns me completely off. Sort of like the V-Rod, to me anyway, just isn't a Harley....or a screw top (even though it is a better seal) means that the wine is inferior.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I guess I'm Old School, but a rail on a 1911 just bugs me. They don't bother me on a Glock, or about anything else, but something about it on a 1911 turns me completely off. Sort of like the V-Rod, to me anyway, just isn't a Harley....or a screw top (even though it is a better seal) means that the wine is inferior.
Me too
Looks ugly

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I have my eye on the railed one. Just rather wait until it is ot long enough for the price to come down a bit.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is the frame steel or aluminum?

I'm on the hunt for a railed 1911, but not familiar enough with Ruger 1911 to make the jump....

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Is the frame steel or aluminum?

I'm on the hunt for a railed 1911, but not familiar enough with Ruger 1911 to make the jump....
According to the Ruger website, the frame is treated in Black Nitride so it must be a steel frame.

Since no one else has posted a pic.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd totally buy that!

I was nothing but satisfied with my standard SR1911. I had a railed Taurus at one point that I used as a home defense gun, when I switched to the Ruger the lack of the rail is the one thing that kept me from calling my SR1911 a home defense gun.
By that time I had an SR9 that I would rely for defense, and my SR1911 became a range queen. It's unfortunate that I sold it and am currently without a 1911.

Along with one of the commanders, this is another SR1911 I'd love to own!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats! I ordered one too thanks to the price. I wanted a railed 1911, ugly or not, I'm too busy shooting my guns to worry about what they look like anyway. In addition, the rail is there for a reason, a purpose, not for looks. My first Ruger to boot, lets hope it's a good one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
might buy the grips

they could have had a winner with the night watchman if they offered front strap checkering. NEVER buying another new 1911 without it

·
Registered
171 Posts
I picked up my new SR1911-R today, what a nice handgun and yes the frame is steel. I'll stop by the range one day this week and put it on paper. I like it!!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Looks like a nice offering. I dont get the harley comparison. If you want the original buy a colt without beavertails, nice sights, and all the other modern features the standard ruger has. If i was in need of a railed 1911 i would strongly consider this ruger but those roles have been filled by a colt and a kimber.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be picking up my Talo edition rail on Tuesday. I have 5 1911s. All w/o rails. I figured that I would try a different look this time. I love the grips on it. I'm sure I will love it

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had about 7 FTFs during the first 200 rds shot in my new sr1911-R. They were easily "fixed" by pulling the slide back slightly and releasing. Recoil spring feels heavy compared to my other 1911s

1 - 20 of 33 Posts