1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife suprised me yesterday, let me get a late birthday and early christmas present. Raptor 2. I have loved these since I first picked one up at a gunshow. I am very, very happy. Hopefully I can get out to the range this afternoon and break it in.

I did have a bit of embarrasment though. One of my coworkers who is not a Kimber fan wanted to take a look at of course. As I was showing it to him he hit me with the "I hope it does not break" line. At that second I dropped the mag and the mag release popped out of the channel. Putting it back in discovered that the screw was not completely turned, making it easy to come out of the channel. Re-installed properly and tested 'extensively' last night, no issues, but I am sure he won't let me forget that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats and good luck. I just trade for a Pro Raptor II and I'm very pleased. It now has about 200 rounds down range and is 100% reliable.:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrat's on your gun. Break it in and let us know how it went.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a bit of a break in after work today... 150 rounds at 15 yrds. Mostly Independence Ball, but mixed in some hydroshocks, silvertips, and gold dots. I was worried a bit that it would not be as good of a shooter as my Classic Custom. Well I am happy to report not one bobble at all. Side to side groups were a bit tighter with the Raptor. I am very very very happy. No mag issues with the Kimber and of course the Wilsons.

Can't wait to get on out and finish the break in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts