1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it has been photographed by the magazine writers I can post a picture of the soon to be released RIA Baby Rock chambered in 380ACP.

I had the chance to shot it at Academi Training Center on Tuesday while there showcasing some of the new RIA pistols for the various magazine writers and outdoor TV show hosts. It shot very well and I will need to add one to my collection when available.:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok RIA now put both that and the tactical II in 40 S&W on the web site and ship them so I can order mine

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
An actual 1911 in .380? This might be the thing to lever me out of that S&W Bodyguard I have for light carry. I'm not a fan of GI sights but that's not a deal-breaker. The availability of replacement grips would be a question also but if the price is right I could see it in my belt. What type of recoil system does it have?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very interesting. This seems to be in a similar category to the Glock 42, though. If I can have a 9mm in the same-sized package, why do I need a .380?

Still an interesting gun, tho. What about having one of these in 9x18? That might be interesting as well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very interesting. This seems to be in a similar category to the Glock 42, though. If I can have a 9mm in the same-sized package, why do I need a .380?

Still an interesting gun, tho. What about having one of these in 9x18? That might be interesting as well.
how about 22tcm

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Holy ****!
When LS told me that he can't hold the Glock G42 until I get back unless I put the deposit down(Since I was visiting NY, that simply wouldn't work..) last week I was pissed.

But now I feel like that was someone upstairs telling me NOT to get the Glock!

Is this going to be similar to old Colt Government .380?!
I MUST have this!
When is this schedule to be available!?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's hard to tell the size without something to scale it against, but I'm betting it's way smaller than a 5". The size of the grip frame gives it the proportions of CCO but as it's .380 with less recoil energy to harness, I'm betting that it's more of 60-70% scale of a full-sized (.45/9mm/.38-S etc.) 1911. Think Colt Mustang with true 1911 characteristics. I notice the size of the magazine tells a lot about the true scale of the thing; .380 is a much smaller round in length than a 9mm Luger and this mag doesn't seem to have the internal false-back that a standard magazine would have to have. I also like the modest "bob-tail" on the frame and that also convinces me that this meant to be a small caliber "B.U.G." (Back-Up Gun) in the manner of the "baby" Glock. It will be fun to see how close my estimations are when the real thing gets more exposure; I'll probably have totally failed to "cut paper" I'll be off so far!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Now THAT is interesting right there. Before long I'll have a whole stable of RIA pistols. Can't wait to see the specs, but I'm bet tin OEE is pretty close from the looks of it and the mag. If its all steel (presumably?) that thing is gonna be like shooting a .22lr!!! I'm with you OEE, that might just take my trusty Shields place, tho I sort of prefer 9mm. Might need to add a 9mm compact to the .45 compact. Local guy beating my door down to buy my compact, ho-hum--- what to do? Never let them shoot your guns at the range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ria 380

After a little GOOGLE-FU I was able to come up with some info.

3-3/4" barrel

6-5/8" over all length

1-16 twist

7+1 capacity

7 round magazine

suggested retail price 459.00 but saw a listing at 393.99 (none available yet)

SOUNDS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS

DOWNWIND1:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Now that it has been photographed by the magazine writers I can post a picture of the soon to be released RIA Baby Rock chambered in 380ACP.

I had the chance to shot it at Academi Training Center on Tuesday while there showcasing some of the new RIA pistols for the various magazine writers and outdoor TV show hosts. It shot very well and I will need to add one to my collection when available.:)

Oh no - another ROCK to get to add to the collection:bawling::rock:
it looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.