1911Forum banner

New RIA Photos

922 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Pakn1911
Well I posted some photos a while back after swaping the safety and slide stop on this gun... did a few more things, so I thought I would post again.

Commander hammer
Wide govt grip safety (no more fat bloody hands... well they are still fat!)
Another trigger job (new hammer) and bit more throating on the barrel (am gonna need a bit more to feed the ammo I want to shoot)

Lightened the spring to 16.5lbs (to match the ammo) and added a full length guide rod.

Thinking of a matte stainless arched MSH. Also thinking of doing the entire bottom in matte stainless aersol gun-kote.

Comments welcomed.

On another note... I am shooting 180grn copper wash truncated cones over 5.9grns of HP38. I love it. My smith recommended it and me and the gun loves it too!!! After lightening the spring it feeds much better but still catches on occasion on the lip of the chamber throat.

The load "feels" alot like 38 super. The recoil is just as strong (in my opinion) as most of the factory loads, but the duration of the recoil is much less. I recover quicker and shoot much better with it.

Enjoy,
Shane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Shane,

Thats a fine looking gun. What type of grips are those? I put a set of mohagony grips on mine. I wish I would have left the stock sights on it too. Shoots pretty low with the Kings Hardball sights now.

In my humble opinion, I'd leave the MSH black unless you change the whole color of the frame. It looks like the direction you are going is the moving parts are stainless (except the slide) Why not put in a stainless trigger and leave the rest of the frame stock?

· Registered
386 Posts
Shane,

That's a nice looking combination. I really like the light on dark effect. I,m with hueycrew on the trigger, then leave it like it is, however you are the one that has to be pleased with it. Lots of luck with your project.

Still a great looking gun...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.