1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased Roberts Defense 'Desert Ops' model from LGS, tried it out at Gun Club, LOVED it! Soft shooter, far more accurate than I, very tight, silken slide action, and no signs of any machining inside or out. While I'm not very experienced with 1911s, having tried out a few friends' models, I was with a highly experienced Homicide Detective and former SWAT member, who also loved shooting it - enough to declare his intent to purchase a compact model of the same Roberts Defense handgun. Anyone else had experience with these great firearms yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I have only seen one other SHOOTING report. It was favorable.
I have seen some derogatory posts on the lines of "How DARE these upstarts go into competition with MY favorite brand!" and "Ugly Billboard." and "Photoshopped advertising pictures."

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
I'm interested in the railed commander sized model. Nice looking gun and I just don't care who gets their panties in a twist over some "upstart" making a new 1911. The price looks great if they can deliver on all their claims then I'd be highly interested in one.

·
Registered
858 Posts
that really does look good!
and its made right here in the land of cheese!!!
actually thats the best looking one of them i have seen
got to fondle a couple a few months ago at my LGS
was impressed by the fit and finish, now we know they shoot too!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Cheese...I think you oughta buy a Roberts gun and give us a shooting report! I'm interested in getting one but have never seen a Roberts gun yet...and I only live an hour from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Dog ill be taking donations to further that endeavor :biglaugh:
i already have enough to save up for as im building a .40S&W 2011 commander
so all the other things will have to be funded externally

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Dog ill be taking donations to further that endeavor :biglaugh:
i already have enough to save up for as im building a .40S&W 2011 commander
so all the other things will have to be funded externally
Start a Kickstarter account. I'll donate a buck or 2 to help you support a small upstart company.

I love it when a small company tries to compete in this saturated market.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From just that picture, it looks a lot like a Night Hawk Custom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roberts Defense

I picked one up a few weeks ago. The first one sold on the west coast by a dealer in Oregon that keeps them in stock. At first I fully intending to go with a cheapie in the 575 to 800 range and then looked at a few REMs R1 enhanced with threaded barrels for my suppressor but they are about a grand and half of them are rattlers. What I mean to say is the quality control is weak and there is a big diff between them. So I did an impulse purchase. Could not help myself after I touched, looked at, worked the slides & triggers of every single Roberts 1911 on display I was hooked. Every one was a work of art compared to the mass produced units. If anyone is interested in my experience with the gun and my dealings with the manufacturer just let me know.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
as a fellow Oregonite, could you pm me the name of the store, I'd love to go and check them out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts