1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Last one I seen still had the HUGE "Colt 1991A1" with a line under that text, then "stainless" under that. Have they slipped something newer in?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't know about the SS ones, but I've noiticed that some of the newly sent BLUED guns have much improved roll marks, the left side says....

---Colt's----
Government Model
45 Automatic Caliber

the right side still says... "- series 80 -"

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Really? Damn! This is very welcome news. Maybe some Colt exec typed "1911" into his Google engine and accidentally read some of the correspondence here regarding those stupid looking rollmarks.

Hoooya!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder what the chances are of getting a new rollmarked version...I know the suppliers in my area seem to have a low supply, but that would be sweet if I could grab a new one, that 1991 scribbled on the side is horrible.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
If Colt is using a new rollmark, I'm not surprised. I spoke with a gal at Colt a few weeks ago regarding having the "Rampant Colt" stamped on my 1991A1 (Yes, they'll do it for $50) and I mentioned from a marketing standpoint, the current 1991A1 rollmark isn't doing Colt any favors and especially not having their Rampant Colt trademark on the slide was almost negligent. She acted as though they had already realized this and something was in the works. We can only hope.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Originally posted by CastleBravo:
I can only PRAY that they'll put nice rollmarks on their basic Colts. Call me shallow, but part of the appeal of a 1911 goes beyond simple function. An elegant weapon from a more civilized time and all that.

Hey CB, go to gunsmithing for some more questions re your DE.
Thanks,
Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts