1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I have gotten a lot of good advice from this forum. Quick question. Just purchased a New steel smith and wesson 1911. I always thought WIlson combat would be the best choice for mags, but I didnt find "smith and wesson" under categories of 1911s that they catered their mags to.

Anyone use WIlsons in their S&W gun? Which ones would you recommend? WHy isnt S&W one of the ones supported

-Manny

·
Registered
131 Posts
magazines for SW1911

I have 2 SW1911's (models 108283 and 108284) and they both function perfectly with Wilson magazines. The factory ACT mags also work great. I use only Wilson or ACT mags on the 108283 because I don't want to scratch up the feed ramp, but I've used everything including military surplus mags in the 108284 and have yet to experience a failure with either pistol.

Cheers, Gary

·
Registered
233 Posts
1911pd

Use Wilson with my PD 4.25 alloy, with pads as back ups, as it's a carry gun the one in the gun is chip, because the base pad is removable.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
i use Ed Brown 8packs and or Wilson equipped Metalform mags in my S&W 108282....47D(slim pad) or Wilson equipped Les Baer mags also work beautifully.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I haven't had any problems with Wilson 47D's out in my S&W 1911. I have had one failure to lock back with the ACT mags.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The first batch of S&W 1911's came with Wilson 8-rd mags. I haven't had any problems with Wilsons (or any other brand) in my S&W.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My S&W 1911 hated wilson mags. First I thought it was just the 10rnder, and i got a couple standard mags and it didnt like them either. Wouldn't lock back on empty, and then I had to use both hands to drop the slide release. I bought 10 7rnders at the gun show for 50 bucks, no marknigs, and they work fine. then I did what I always do when I get something working just right, sold it.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I bought 10 7rnders at the gun show for 50 bucks, no marknigs, and they work fine. then I did what I always do when I get something working just right, sold it.
I have to ask.
Why would you do that?
Kur

1 - 9 of 9 Posts