1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the board and just want to say my new purchase was the best I've ever made! After spending about three months agonizing over the SA and the Kimber I decided I liked the feel of the SA better then the Kimber.

I've used about 200 rounds in it so far and my first five shots from about 15 yards were: 1 three inch high left, 1 low two inch right, 3 dead center slightly overlapping. Now considering this is off hand, brand new out of the box, I'm extremely pleased.

The most amazing is that this time last year I was a diehard .40S&W fan and considered the .45ACP a slow worthless brute. But after seeing what it does to water jugs and just the satisfying feel of a big hunk of steel in my hand has made the .45ACP my favorite handgun. I love my Beretta, but that double action trigger just doesn't do it for me anymore! Bring on the .45's!

The only problem with the SA is the adjustable sight. The black on black is extremely hard for me to pickup in low light (Our target area is in the woods, in a ravine). A little paint will fix it, but I really think they should consider changing the sight. Other "annoying" things are that the frame has some rough tooling marks, but since these can only be seen when disassembled I'm not going to worry about it.

Now the questions for users:

I'd like the gun to last, will recoil buffers really help or is this a wive's tale?

I'm a lefty, so is there any tactical holsters for lefties? (low on leg left side). How about shoulder holsters for lefties?

Finally, I like interesting loads. Will this gun fit things that say "colt .45"? I've found .400 corbon barrels fairly cheap but they are "colt, convert .45 to .400 corbon". (My beretta currently has a .357sig barrel in it without any hiccup). Is corbon the only one who makes .400 corbon...or better yet is it even worth the "fun"?

Thanks to all that will reply...Great gun Springfield!!!

· Registered
758 Posts
Congratulations on the new Springfield! For a good selection of holsters, click on the "LINKS" button at the top of the page in this forum and you'll see a "EXTENSIVE HOLSTERS...." link there.

I'd suggest SKD Tactical or Bianchi for the tactical thigh model and Bianchi or Galco for a shoulder rig. If you want a good leather belt/iwb holster I highly recommend Milt Sparks and Lou Alessi. There are plenty of other good makers out there, but these guys are top notch!

Good luck,

Mac

· Registered
94 Posts
BlasterBoy:
Use the recoil buffers. A friend of mine is a gunsmith and a big 1911 user and I rely on any information he gives me on any gun. He put me onto these buffers when I purchased my first 1911 (SA 1911 Loaded 9mm). They're very inexpensive and good insurance. I'm using them on both my SA 9mm and 45. By the way, everytime you clean your firearm, inspect the buffer for wear and replace at the first sign of this. You don't want this thing to fall apart in you gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.