1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking-up this little sweetie in 3 days... my FIRST 1911!!!

Already ordered (and recieved some of) the following:

2 Wilson Combat 47Dox 8rd mags
100 rds doubletap 230gr hp (defense load)
200 rds remington umc for practice (practice loads)
New can of Breakfree aerosol cleaner
Hoppes bore brush

Questions:

1. How good are the mags provided by SA? If 'so-so', does WC make 6 rd mags for the SA UC? I can't find them if they do.
2. Is there anything I MAY want to consider getting/doing for/with this SA UC?

Thanks.

· Registered
275 Posts
well i have a springfiel compact, different model obviously.
the mags i got with the gun, 2 factory 7rds are junk. they wont fit 7 rounds at all, 6 if my thumbs are upto it. i have erratic feeding with them as well. switched to wilson mags and no problem.

· Registered
59 Posts
The 6 round SA magazine that came with my MilSpec UC works just fine. But, I found that the Wilson 7 rounders vary. My UC seems to only like the Wilson 7 rounders with the thin basepad. Weird, but the 7 rounders with the standard Wilson basepad fail to feed on the last round almost everytime in this gun??

(corrected my round count on the mags, I was adding the round in the chamber to the total count.)

· Registered
7,462 Posts
I've had probs with my V-10 using full size mags. It's only reliable with stock SA 6 rd'rs, Mec-gar 6 rd'rs and Wilson 7 rd'rs. Tracy

· Registered
74 Posts
I've got about 10 of the factory mags for my SS UC. Haven't had a single problem with any of them. Had them for about a year and a half, always rotate through them at the range...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.