1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at a new SA 1911A at the gun show for 462.00 Is this a good price?

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, it is. Has some extras like the extended guide rod, cheesy cocobolo grips that i will change later, and an aluminum trigger that Ill swap for a mccormick when I have time and novacs.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That's a good price for ANY Springfield product...Check the model # and re-post...I'd buy it right now...regardless...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It must have been a base model they started at 462 then the next was 484 different grips and finish. the colt was 480 I think 540 for a para. I may go back today .I will look again if they are still there.

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I bought it. New 1911a1 Blue wood grips fully loaded for 484.00 + tax.

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Now your mission is to shoot it 'til it begs for mercy...Shoot the crap out of it...and report back...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have not picked it up yet. Need to hear from daddy NICS. And I like the grips.This is not the new model ,it was made in nov. 2000.I don't think I would like the new model features.If I am not sure the chamber is empty I will check it. Can not trust a flag.I compared this to a colt[in looks & feel]. And I liked the SA much better. WB

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked it up sat. and shot it sun.Only put 50 rounds through it and it worked perfect.The grips are as rough as a cheese grater.

------------------
Bradford

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
That's ok, I got one for Christmas...It was made 9-99...Qwitcherbichin' an' go shoot

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Take some 400-grit sand paper and LIGHTLY 'buff' the grips. I had to do the same thing to a 'Loaded' Champion last summer. Oh, yeah....take them OFF the pistol first...

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I bought a 2000 model Loaded at a local gun show for $475 "out the door" as they say. Had it to the range the other day & put 275 rounds through it. No problems, no stoppages, & accurate enough for me to shoot 3" groups at 50 feet off hand. A keeper.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Damn...I'm happy for you guys that keep findin' pistols in the 4-500 range...Seems like all I can find are local guys that think they have the only pistols in existence!
No "deals" whatsoever...I would love to give my local guys my business, but I'll be damned if I will when they don't care about mine...

Sorry for the "rant"...whew!

Good luck with your new pistol...Keep us updated and don't forget to post a detailed "Range Report" in our new forum...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts