1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted share an enjoyable range trip starting the break-in for a 3.25 I picked up yesterday.

Here’s how I ran the break-in: Lubed up at home with WC Lite then again after first 50 of 124 fmj, couple drops of lube on the rails, muzzle, and barrel hood. 100 more 124 fmj and wiped the barrel and hood off and relubed. 0 malfunctions or even hints of malfunctions, ran 50 mixed 147 JHP and another 50 124 fmj, relubed. 0 malfunctions. Did 1 mag of Federal 147 HST(my carry ammo) to test function and then a slow fire 3 round accuracy test(10 yds standing unsupported) to finish the first round of breaking it in. 0 malfunctions. Total rounds 263.

All I can say is wow… this little thing is so impressive and I could not be more pleased. This will be my new edc, and I cannot wait to get some more time with it. Here’s a couple pictures through my phone so apologies in advance if they aren’t sized properly.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Flooring Rectangle Material property Symmetry Font

· Registered
419 Posts
@Rick in Oregon what was the wait time?
what was the deposit required?
did they need all up front?
Wait time: Brutal (6 -8 mo's)
Deposit: $500 to get the build into their que

A tidbit that I discovered, is that with proper documentation, WC offers a substantial discount to disabled veterans. That sealed the deal for me.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice range report. I know my 10 round 3.25” SFX9 shoots extremely well. Shooting out to 15 yards I really don’t see any difference between it and a larger gun.
That’s great, I actually wasn’t expecting a lot out of a 3” gun but boy was I pleasantly surprised - I’m going to push out to 15 yards next trip and maybe take my sandbag as well and attempt 25 yards. I’d be happy with hits on a paper plate at 25 yards since my eyes are pretty bad.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait time: Brutal (6 -8 mo's)
Deposit: $500 to get the build into their que

A tidbit that I discovered, is that with proper documentation, WC offers a substantial discount to disabled veterans. That sealed the deal for me.
Good info, 6-8 is hard, but it’s sure worth it. I was lucky enough to find both of mine in the configuration I wanted through Gunbroker WC dealers. I’m a vet, though not a disabled vet, but still didn’t think to ask about a discount. Thanks for the reminder, and your service!

· Registered
Ask me about faith...
306 Posts
What holsters are you using for this? I have one tuckable hybrid from another pistol that I heat gunned to fit but am looking for a quick appendix kydex.
Outerwear Black Sleeve Textile Font

TT Gun leather

· Registered
Ask me about faith...
306 Posts
That is a thing of beauty! Thank you for that, is this a standard offering or did you need to talk with them first?
Standard.. but you can leave comments on your order for them..I like the rough out option for this...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts