1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone direct me to a website that shows the new SIG 1911 or post a picture of one.
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
622 Posts
Have you noticed ... ?

Japanees motorcycle manufacturers who long touted how great their products were, and how superior they were to that "old fashioned" American brand, entered a race to see who could creat the best immitation Harley.

Now the handgum manufacturers who have long touted their superiority to a "one Hundred Year Old Design" are scrambling to issue their own version on a 1911. How long before a Glock 1911?

·
Registered
21,768 Posts
I doubt Glock, but the next suspect is H&K. With plans for a US plant, they could easily find room to assemble 1911s from commodity parts as Sigarms is doing.

The military and police are learning what competitive shooters have known for a good while. There is a difference between a pistol to wear and one to shoot, the difference between a close range last ditch self defense pistol and a gunfighting weapon. Also the difference between familiarization and training.

·
Registered
227 Posts
IS HK going to make a 1911? Any idea where I could find any details or is this just a rumor? I wouldn't mind seeing an HK variant of the 1911. Considering that they do provide pistols with similar operation, i.e. USP's (cocked and locked carry with thumb safety pretty much where it is on a 1911)...

P.S. I wouldn't boo-hoo a Glock 1911... They might actually make a 1911 that would be reliable, accurate out of the box and UNDER $500! I own 4 different Glock (say what you want here) but, they work and I haven't had to spend $400-$1200 to make it work, like I did to my 1911's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts