1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the new Sig's GSR?? Nice looking guns... looks like Kimber may have some competition coming up... Is $880 with shipping included a good price??? www.adcofirearms.com
Thanks,, Do I really need another 1911??? well, maybe:p

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
I'm shocked they're coming in at that price already. I'm totally impressed by the ones I saw last weekend. Kimber does indeed have some competition, especially when they come out with other options.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I thought the Sig GSR was interesting too, so I called several Sig wholesalers. NONE have it in stock. ALL said they have never had one in stock. NONE knew when I could get one for sure.

No dealers in my area have ever seen one, either.

Moreover, I understand this pistol is nothing but a Caspian frame and slide and other aftermarket parts. What makes that worth a grand?

I have a bunch of Kimbers and love them. LAPD SWAT agreed and went with Kimber. So did MARSOC (check out the November issue of SWAT). If you want a pistol with a rail (the GSR's are all rail guns, apparently?) get the new Kimber TLE/RL for less money, or a Wilson/Baer for twice as much. That way you aren't investing in an unproven product.

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
ULTRA said:
...I understand this pistol is nothing but a Caspian frame and slide and other aftermarket parts. What makes that worth a grand?
Try to buy Caspian and Wilson parts and do it yourself for the $850 they're selling for. These are hand-fit pistols with premium parts. They just were announced last week, and last estimate I got was they'll be delivered starting next month. Many dealers are taking orders right now.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Ultra,

I was told that I would be receiving them beginning in mid December. Although that isn't as precise as I prefer my information, it is far better than the info that was available when the SW1911 came out.

What is it with people and Kimber? There is no need to get defensive. Nobody is bashing your Kimbers...In fact, Kimber wasn't mentioned until three posts ago. This thread is about the Sig GSR.

Whether you or I like it or not, this is a good thing. It is another firearm manufacturer having the insight to know that there is a growing market for good 1911-type designs geared toward LEO, and that has done enough R&D to know that JMB's design is deserving of top quality parts.

I won't be buying one, it doesn't do anything for me. But the fact of the matter is, this is far bigger than you or me. This is good for firearm enthusiasts everywhere.

Be well!

Damian

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: Ultra,

dubb-1 said:
What is it with people and Kimber? There is no need to get defensive. Nobody is bashing your Kimbers...In fact, Kimber wasn't mentioned until three posts ago. This thread is about the Sig GSR. Whether you or I like it or not, this is a good thing. It is another firearm manufacturer having the insight to know that there is a growing market for good 1911-type designs geared toward LEO, and that has done enough R&D to know that JMB's design is deserving of top quality parts.
Amen, competition is very healthy for us, the consumers. Kimber initially forced some manufacturers to wake up and take notice. Now hopefully another manufacturer, e.g. Sig, will again kick it up a notch and we once again will be the beneficiaries. I know I will be at least giving the Sig GSR a long hard look. Competition is a good thing!

·
Registered
112 Posts
in overall thought, sig is a very proven product, the 1911 is a proven product--so therefore one could assume that a proven product produced by a proven manuf. would not be a great risk.
just me think.
blessings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts