1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys
I have this posted on another forum. I put it here for the Guys that mite have not seen it.
Went to the gun range last Tuesday to see how this Sig P224 SAS would do compared to my other Sigs. You do not see many post on this gun. I saw one post someplace which was more of a fight between posters..... The box says P224,40,Gen2, Nitron, SLITE,SRT. I put 120 rounds (40 s&w) thru it and not one single hang up. The grip is very short for my big hands. It still a good grip for me. The trigger was great. This gun.had a light crisp reset trigger. It's so good I will see if I can have that DAK removed from P239 for one of these. The gun is small and heavy but accurate. I have many Sigs never had any trouble with them. The first one a P226 9mm. I put over 4,000 rounds thru that one back in the 70's never a hang up.I traded it to my son, should have kept it..........

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I like Sig's so much more than polymer guns, and I get a great LE price, so I really wanted to like the 224. The grip is just too stubby for me and I don't have big hands. It needs a finger extension to be more comfortable and easy to draw. That looks like a nice package with the SAS and SRT trigger.

You can't convert the DAK, it does not have a decocking lever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 224 just like yours (SRT/SAS) but in 9mm and really like it. I think the grip texture is a big plus for control, given the short grip.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I sent the slide of my P224 SAS DA/SA .40 caliber to CS because the front night sight was not glowing( gun is about 6 months old) about a week ago and I got notice today was shipped out back to me today with a new front sight.How is that for customer service!Wow ! I am just mentioning this because last October I had complained to CS and they wanted me to ship the gun to them or send me anew front sight. I said please send another front sight.Un fortunately, I had to leave for out of the country on an emergency for two months. When I got back the sight was missing and I could not find it. I called and shipped thegun to them which they instructed!. Yes, the P224 is a perfect carry gun and shoots great. I also use the P229 mags for more grip!I have a P229,P239, P224 and two P245. Can't beat Sig service!!Thanks, Sig !

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't remember the year they came out. I lived in N.Y. back then from 1979 to 1990 just got my permit then. I bought the gun in one of the 79 or 80 years I think took it down to Florida in the 90's

·
Registered
36 Posts

Stole this photo from Sig's web site, but it is exactly like mine. Read a lot of bad press after I bought mine about 2 months age. Mine was made about January of this year and has been absolutely perfect.

I may run into some issues down the road, but after talking about my concerns with Sig, probably not. I have over 300 rounds through mine and nothing is cropping up. It is just getting smoother.

Troopr Joe

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Stole this photo from Sig's web site, but it is exactly like mine. Read a lot of bad press after I bought mine about 2 months age. Mine was made about January of this year and has been absolutely perfect.

I may run into some issues down the road, but after talking about my concerns with Sig, probably not. I have over 300 rounds through mine and nothing is cropping up. It is just getting smoother.

Troopr Joe
Thats the Equinox model! A few days I got my SAS my gun range had that on sale for $50.00 than what I paid for mine. Love the Equinox!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sent the slide of my P224 SAS DA/SA .40 caliber to CS because the front night sight was not glowing( gun is about 6 months old) about a week ago and I got notice today was shipped out back to me today with a new front sight.How is that for customer service!Wow ! I am just mentioning this because last October I had complained to CS and they wanted me to ship the gun to them or send me anew front sight. I said please send another front sight.Un fortunately, I had to leave for out of the country on an emergency for two months. When I got back the sight was missing and I could not find it. I called and shipped thegun to them which they instructed!. Yes, the P224 is a perfect carry gun and shoots great. I also use the P229 mags for more grip!I have a P229,P239, P224 and two P245. Can't beat Sig service!!Thanks, Sig !

same thing happened with my 224's front sight. I have a press so they just sent me a sight and I installed it with ease. Glad that they are willing to make it right and get a thumbs up from me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts