1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picked this up today. I love it so far. Can't get to the range til next Monday though.

Can anyone point me in direction of an iwb and owb that will fit it. Also, is the magwell easily removable?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the full size TacOps Traditional and its a great gun. You will love yours. Removal of the magwell can be done by removing the hex screw on the bottom of it. My full size is a two piece and once you remove the hex screw you can pop off the flared magwell. As for holsters, check out S&S Holsters. They make great quality holsters in leather for the Sig slide profile. I have an IWB for my Sig C3 and carry it nearly daily. It is very comfortable.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice grab!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice, range report and more pictures. Is it a ambi-safety ?
What is the checkering on the front strap ?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Congrats. You probably already know, but that's a a TacOps Carry model. They haven't been seen in quite a while and that's the first I've seen with the more traditional slide radius cut.

Check out the holster sticky, you'll find lots of options. The horseshoe should come off with out much effort. If its loc-tited on you may need a hair dryer to loosen it up. Enjoy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the full size TacOps Traditional and its a great gun. You will love yours. Removal of the magwell can be done by removing the hex screw on the bottom of it. My full size is a two piece and once you remove the hex screw you can pop off the flared magwell. As for holsters, check out S&S Holsters. They make great quality holsters in leather for the Sig slide profile. I have an IWB for my Sig C3 and carry it nearly daily. It is very comfortable.
Ok thanks. I was just worried about it being a big ordeal. I'm new to magwells. My other 1911 doesn't have one.

Nice, range report and more pictures. Is it a ambi-safety ?
What is the checkering on the front strap ?
Prob won't get the range report til early next week. Ambi safety. The checkering is just the grippy pointed squares (not sure of the technical name)

Congrats. You probably already know, but that's a a TacOps Carry model. They haven't been seen in quite a while and that's the first I've seen with the more traditional slide radius cut.

Check out the holster sticky, you'll find lots of options. The horseshoe should come off with out much effort. If its loc-tited on you may need a hair dryer to loosen it up. Enjoy.
Thanks. And yea it's the carry, just too lazy to type it. It's been a busy day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just pulled the hex screw out, and the magwell is loc-tited so I'll have to work on that tomorrow. Not a project for 230am.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
i like mine a lot....

loc tite is easy, little propane torch or a heat gun and you'll break it in 3 mins tops. Just lightly hit it and wait till you hear the loc tite break

1 - 12 of 12 Posts