1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew to this forum so i will be happy to meet some of you and learn some new things. I recently recieved a new Rock Island Armory from my father to take to the range, the gun is brand new i have put 100 rounds in it, Its a basic GI style 1911, with tight fixed novak style sights. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for aftermarket sights for the range i shoot at 25 yds or more. I was looking at the Novak website but i wanted to know what you all thought before i chose those sights. Thanks

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I had these adj. Novack's put on one of my guns. They work well. For the front I would suggest a serrated post. Mine are both night sights, but you might not need that option if your is just for range use.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
The sights on my TRP are adjustable. For windage you drift the sight, for elevation there is a screw on top.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o no i live in WV but a friend of mine said he knew of a local person that would do it, but i dont know quite if its true i would really like to change my sights though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About how much do you think it would run me to send in my slide to novak i just tritium front sight it will need milling as for the rear just a solid black platform

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
o no i live in WV but a friend of mine said he knew of a local person that would do it, but i dont know quite if its true i would really like to change my sights though.
For the standard cut like on you RIA, I really like the Yost Retro rear and a serrated ramp front. A decent smith could do that for less than what it would cost to get your slide milled for Novak's.

If you do want to get Novak's, they are located in Parkersburg, so they are certainly within driving distance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the standard cut like on you RIA, I really like the Yost Retro rear and a serrated ramp front. A decent smith could do that for less than what it would cost to get your slide milled for Novak's.

If you do want to get Novak's, they are located in Parkersburg, so they are certainly within driving distance.
thanks thats much appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts