1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well I picked up a new Stainless 1911. Took it to the range and put 100 flawlessly fed rounds through it. I was a bit disappointed at the point of impact. POA was dead center of the target. The result was 1.5 inches high and 1.5 inches left. It was bagged and I'm confident of the group. I adjusted POA to 6 o'clock and then my groups were a wee bit high, but still left. I prefer POA and POI the same, but it was nicely grouped at fifteen yards. I looked at the front sight and low and behold it's noticeably off center. My question is can I move it or is it Kentucky windage for me? Thanks

·
Registered
700 Posts
You can drift either the front or the rear. The front should be centered. As you look down on the top of the slide. If it is to the right I would drift it towards center. If it is to the left, you will only push you POI further to the left if you center it. The front sight are not easy to move, you may want to take it to someone that has a sight adjuster.

·
Super Moderator
13,840 Posts
Caleb:
Are you the same Caleb that post in the Berettaforum? If so, please view that forum, there are people looking for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.