1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trusty Ball gun went full auto for 3 rounds at Perry during the NTI match. I cleared it and function checked it for the line officer and he said run it, but if goes berserk again it's off the line. After the Presidents Match I drove home, unloaded my soaking wet gear, hung everything up and tore into the guns. The .22 and the Wad gun were fine. The Ball gun had substantial rust in the FCS. The rust scoured off w/o issue. The Ball gun had gotten wet early on in the week and I didn't flood it good enough with spray to stop the rusting. Lesson learned there. Hind sight resulted in yesterday's purchase. A brand new Springer P19132LP , a full size, all stainless, mass produced, super duper, target pistol. The trigger was horrid. A couple hours on the bench and it now has a glass rod crisp 4# 1 ounce break.

Between yesterday and today I put 300 rounds down range. The Springer holds it own against My 70 series Colt, fully equipped with Ed Brown FCS, Kart barrel and bushing with a lot of time on the bench in it.

My long line averaged 90 on the nose and the short line bested that by 5 points, with both guns. Taking my sweet time and going for center, not rapid fire time at all.

Springfield Armory did a fine job on the parts selection and fitment. Sure the trigger lacked but that was easily dealt with.

Although I don't hold a continuous 10 ring, the Springer does. Bagged, it posted 1 1/2" @ the 25 yd line and held the 10 ring @ the 50 yd line.

For around 1/2 the cost of a Baer the P19132LP brings a lot to the table, a lot more than half of the Baer.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds really good.

I've always felt Springfield makes a great pistol......and has great customer service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts