1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Springfield stainless TRP with night sights, s/n 174xxx, bought new and it came with two magazines.

Fit and finish is excellent. I dry fired it and operated the slide about two dozen times. The gun is very tight. Before shooting, I disassembled it and put a thin coating of EEZOX on the rails, guide rod, and spring.

Ammo used is American Eagle and PMC, both 230gr ball.

For this initial test, shooting was indoors at 7 yards.

First 50 rounds of AE ammo fired flawlessly. No failures to feed, fire, extract, or eject. Impact was exactly at point of aim and accuracy was outstanding (first four shots were essentially one ragged hole). Alternated magazines after each shot string. No creep at all in the trigger and it breaks crisply.

Around shot 65, slide did not lock back after last round and magazine would not release without being pushed on from above, through the ejection port. Immediately reloaded the magazine fully and shot from that magazine again without problems. About 40 rounds later, identical problem happened with the other magazine.

Around shot 90, got a failure to feed on last round. Immediately reloaded the magazine fully and shot from that magazine again without problems. About 40 rounds later, identical problem (also last round) happened with the other magazine.

I attribute the above mostly to the gun being new and to buildup of powder residue or other grit.

Both the AE and PMC ammo fired to point of aim and were equally accurate in this gun. Groups were very tight - easily within one inch at this distance (7 yards).

The gun was very easy to control and pleasant to shoot.

-Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts