1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Kimber stainless today. Got a new Lightweight Operator. It has the tightest fit of any production gun I have handled. Also picked a used Loaded 9MM. Can't wait to shoot them. No More Kimber for me!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
welcome to springfield, i dont regret getting rid of my kimber to get a springfield! i have their most basic model, and i love it!

keep us updated on how it does!

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
734 Posts
.... isn't it some kind of mortal sin on here to announce that you have a new gun/s and not post pictures?

:scratch:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoots great! This gun is so tight it's hard to pull back the slide. I'm sure it will loosen up. The barrel to bushing to slide fit is so tight it's hard to take the gun apart. Not to bash Kimber (oh what the hell), I've NEVER seen any Kimber this tight. Not even their custom shop guns. The Operator runs fine and is very accurate. I love it. Also picked up a used Loaded 9MM. It's great too. Will post pic when I get a chance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw a new LW Operator at a local shop here, and it was real tight also. No play at all, vertically or horizontally along the length of the slide. I'd get it, but I already have the 4" model. :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Blammo, how do you like that loaded 9mm? love mine I have never regretted buying the 9mm over the .45 just for the cost savings on ammo.

Roy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like it but, won't group worth a crap!! Even from a bench rest. May have to send it to Springfield. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would send it back myself, is it the fixed or adjustable sight model?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts