1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from the range after shooting my brand new SS Mil-Spec and am very impressed. This pistol ate 250 rounds of Wallyworld Winchester ball without one hiccup what-so-ever and it's true POA dead-on right out of the box. Trigger pull is very easy, about 4-41/2 lbs. and crisp as any other pistol I have ever shot. It was on sale in Houston for 497.00 which I think is a good price. I have a parkerized Mil-spec I bought about 4 mos. ago and it is not nearly as accurate as the SS and the trigger pull is about 2 lbs. heavier.

Hope anyone else buying one gets the same accuracy and smoothness as I did.

SAFE SHOOTING !

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol, and I'm glad that it likes the Winchester white box as well. None of my 1911's like it at all.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Springfield ROCKS!!!:rock:
Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Congratulations! The one good thing about Mil-Spec 1911s is knowing that if there's a small chance you'll get a lemon, there's also the small chance that you'll get a tackdriver as well. :D

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congratulations......mine is the same way. I paid just a tad less then that for mine but pretty close, I like mine a whole lot and here's a picture :D

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's the one!

Sonny .......
When you give me my gun back, do I get to keep the grips??????

Thanks everyone for the atta-boys. I do appreciate them.

I got a catalog from Smith & Alexander last night so now I can order the magwell for the newbie. And then grips, and then , and then , and , well ya'll know the drill.

Thanks for posting the picture. I don't have a digi camera. Too much money spent on bullet shooters instead of picture shooters.

Shoot safe.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well I guess I'll have to get that thing shipped back to ya:D ....I like changing the grips around on mine a lot because it just give them all such a different personality. These are for Saturday night down at the "speak easy"...LOL
Regards SonnyD

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
The ss Mil Spec hasn't really been that appealing to me, but after seeing that pic of SunnyD's, it makes me want to order one.

Nice looking pistol, and great photography.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thanks Vulcan and RattlerXX:D

Vulcan they are Ajax Black Pearlite......

http://www.ajaxgrips.com/vn/ajax/01d?token=D9-Ywpn3AWSfZ2KNmLz2hQ
if that link works it should take you right there. I also have the white ones on my Colt Combat Commander pictured here. They are only 40.00, I love em, and Ajax is a pleasure to deal with.
Regards SonnyD

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SonnyD Please

SonnyD ---If you could , in the future, please refrain from showing pictures of cool stuff that might intice me to spend money!!

I just hung up the phone from ordering a pair of those black pearl-like grips.

I had second thoughts about us having the same ones but my rationale was why not, since you live out of the country in Kansas and no one else lives there to see them. LOL

My next purchase will probably be a straight MSH and beveled magwell. The magwell is still iffy since I don't shoot competition, but I do consider the bad guy competition. I guess he'd be worth the money spent.

Shoot straight and be safe.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Vulcan....:D .....Yeah, we still have lots of Indian uprisings out here:biglaugh: My best friend bought a pair of the Black Pearlites at a gun show we went to a couple of years ago and at the time I just looked at him and said why, and he just smiled. They looked so good when he put them on his Kimber that I just had to have some too. I didn't get mine till I got my Stainless Mil-Spec, the White Pearlites look good on the Parkerized models too. I always like to have plenty of 1911 grips around, you just never know what might look great till you actually give them a try.
I need a new MSH too, I bought some more reduced power Springs and they just don't work correctly with the ILS housing and ditto's on the magwell, I have them on several guns and I like the way they look and work......I guess the customizing never really stops :)
Regards SonnyD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wilson parts

I ordered a tactical thumb safety and a checkered front strap from Wilson today. I don't know if I'll like the front strap (not being actually cut into the gun) but it was cheap enough for the experiment. This is all for the SS Mil-Spec. Now to decide what sights to buy.

Time to go to more web sites and compare.

Any suggestions would be considered.

Later.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Vulcan, I've handled some guns with the Wilson checkered front strap, and I like it, it feels pretty much like the real thing and they fit really well, I'm sure you'll like it, and for the price, if you don't it won't be a real loss. Most of my guns have some Wilson parts on them, You might even try the Beavertail grip safety, that one on the picture of my Colt Stainless, it was a drop in part and it only took me about a total of 20-30 minutes with a file to get it to function perfect.
Regards SonnyD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts