1911Forum banner

New Stainless II(new 1911 owner)

872 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jpaul 
#1 ·
I just put a deposit on a new Stainless II, I will pick it up this weekend. It is my first 1911. I spent about three weeks and had decided that I wanted a Springfield Loaded Stainless, but the Kimber just felt better in my hand. I paid about $780, $850 including tax. My question is for ya'll who are experienced with Kimber, are there any changes/upgrades that you have made that improved an already great weapon. My planned usage is for target/range, possible match shooting and possible carry. Thanks for your input.

#3 ·
Since the current trend with 1911s (regardless of manufacturer) is to come with flat mainspring housings, that's the first thing I change. An arched mainspring housing and Hogue wrap around grips with finger grooves makes the 1911 style pistols fit MY hands better. All my Kimbers came with excellent triggers, which didn't need "tuning" at all.... YMMV

#4 ·
All you need to do is shoot it.
I got the same thing about 6 months ago and absolutly love it. All I did was get a set of cocobolo grips for it because I didn't care for the black ones that came on it.

I too was set on a SA loaded until I found out it was going to be within about 10 bucks and no telling how long of a wait to get it. I have not been dissappointed at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.