1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup!

After 10 long days, I was actually able to go pick it up! And it's a beaut'!
Wife thinks it's too heavy for her. What's up with that?
I'm doing a little cleaning and lubing at the moment.

Having some initial troubles stripping it down with the full length guide rod. (new concept...)

Anyways, everything seems fine, cheap plastic on the base plate of magazines.
No appalling tool marks left over from machining.

Is it just me, or is the hammer a liiittle crooked? Pics to follow.
(Digital camera victim of procrastination)

I have 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and 250 Remington UMC. And wife says no range trip today.

Just wanted to keep you informed!

Knut

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Are you sure?.....

That you didn't buy a Sig 1911 by mistake?:p :biglaugh: My SW came with an aligned hammer, and I haven't seen any issues like that with the SW. It would be interesting to see the picture of it. Congrats on your new SW1911. Mine has been great since day two.....Good luck.

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Actually, Sig just got the bad rap for "hammer lean" because of all the reports in forums like this. You will find that many 1911s have some degree of hammer lean, and other than cosmetics, it's really not an issue to be concerned about. BTW, congrats on the new 1911. Smith makes some geat ones.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
glocker1911 said:
Actually, Sig just got the bad rap for "hammer lean" because of all the reports in forums like this. You will find that many 1911s have some degree of hammer lean, and other than cosmetics, it's really not an issue to be concerned about. BTW, congrats on the new 1911. Smith makes some geat ones.
Glocker-Didn't mean anything by it, I was trying to be funny that's all.:rock:

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
enjoy that gun....S&W is making a fine 1911 and Kimber needs to cop their external extractor.....oh have a Kimber also, so nothing against them.

i have two S&W's now and both are real fine shooters. neither have "hammer lean" so i too would like to see the pic's when you can get them.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts