1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you mid-west steel shooters, there’s a new steel match and I think it’s worth putting on your schedule. I just got back from Zanesville, Ohio and shot at Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports.

http://www.briarrabbit.com/index.shtml

It is similar to the PSA Steel match. 4 classes, limited auto or revolver and open auto or revolver. 5 stages of 25 falling steel target each. Limited shooters can load 8 rounds, open shooters load 10. Some stages are shot from one position while others the shooter is required to move from box to box or shoot between boxes.
While Briar Rabbit has put this match on for local shooters before, they now want to expand.
My shooting buddy and I drove from Battle Creek, Mi and were thoroughly impressed with the facilities and the people. The RO’s shot the match on Saturday so they could concentrate on running stages on Sunday. There was no squading. Shooters signed in, collected their score sheets and went to the range. They could start at stage 1 or move to the less busy stages and complete their runs with little waiting. This was a 1-day shoot and they were able to shoot over 60 entries with ease. After the last shooter, prizes were awarded attesting to how well the match was run.
CZ was a major sponsor providing gun prizes, a display of their handguns and shotguns as well as a poker side match with the winner taking home a CZ 9mm pistol.
After a busy day of handgun shooting, Briar Rabbit had their 5 stand shotgun match running so if you come here, bring lots of shotgun ammo too. They offer every type of shooting discipline you can imagine.
Briar Rabbit is planning to make this a 2-day match in June of ’06. If you like shooting steel, you owe it to yourself to put this match on your list for next year.

:rock:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would like to second the invite, however that particular match is not typical for Briar Rabbit. Normally you do shoot in squads and there are normally 7 stages with 20-25 targets. It's always a good time and you can go run around on the sporting clays courses after you're done with the pistol. Also on regular shoot days your lunch is included. Joe runs a 1st class operation and tries to keep everyone happy. I was told CZ is planning on sponsoring a couple more shoots next year as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.