1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.stiguns.com/idx.html?SkinnErgrams/SGRAM-80.html

With the IPSC decision that the "TruSight" gun is "legal" for Standard Division, the influx of orders has started with a "bang". USPSA has inferred that it will meet the definition for "Limited" in it’s original configuration. We are still mulling over the "expansion chamber". We find no Rule in the current Rule Book that would prohibit it. We’ll keep you posted.

· Registered
60 Posts
STI TruSight

If anyone is looking for one, let us know, We already sold the first one, and have two more in stock.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
Thunder Mountain Custom Rifle (STI's only Master Dealer)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650
(520) 803-9584
www.thundermountaincustomrifle.com
www.thebulletguy.com

· Registered
60 Posts
STI TruSight

cra955 said:
Ok thanks. Just in case you guys get around to shooting one, would appreciate it if you can give any comparative feedbacks.:)
Dear Sir, I'll be out at STI on the 31st of this month, and I'll have Dave pull one out of the safe and I'll give it a good compare next to an Edge in the same caliber.

· Registered
60 Posts
Update on the TruSight

mchasse said:
Dear Sir, I'll be out at STI on the 31st of this month, and I'll have Dave pull one out of the safe and I'll give it a good compare next to an Edge in the same caliber.
OK Guys, I just got off of the phone with Chris at STI and I'll get to shoot both the TruSight and Edge in the same caliber on the 31st of this month. I'll also get to Cronograph both guns, so I'll have the volocities when I post on the evening of the 31st.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650
(520) 803-9584
www.thebulletguy.com

· Registered
60 Posts
STI TruSight

Guys, I made it to STI late on Monday, and only had 2 1/2 hours there before they closed for the day. The weather was cold and raining and I ended up spending most of my time there with Dave Skinner doing business stuff and alot of time with their lead engineer working on a special project (gun) that I'm sure a lot of you will all like. I ended up adding alot of additional guns to the order that I was there to pick up so that caused the range to be tied up with Dave Cupp doing testing of the additional guns that I was adding in, so I never got a chance to shot the Trusight. I am going back to STI on Monday and will shoot it then. I will post my results late on Monday evening since I'm heading off to spend the Tuesday with Virgil Tripp. Sorry for the delay, but every time I decide to drive across Texas, I aways seem to forget just how big it is and it always seems to take more time to get there.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650
(520) 803-9584

· Registered
60 Posts
STI TruSight

Ok, Guys, got to shoot the TruSight at STI on Monday and was very impressed with it. I fired the TruSight and an Edge both in 40S&W side by side. Felt recoil on the TruSight seemed to be slightly less on the TruSight. Muzzel flip on the TruSight is were the big difference was. Much less muzzel flip on the TruSight when compared to an Edge in the same caliber. The shorter slide on the TruSight also made the gun cycle a lot quicker, so double and triple taps were much faster. I should have crono data by the end of the week and I'll post it when I get it.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650
(520) 803-9584
www.thebulletguy.com

· Registered
119 Posts
Trusight Specs

Sti has finally posted the specs on their web site:
http://www.stiguns.com/guns/TruSight/TruSight.html

Mike, is the overall slide/expansion chamber the same length as a standard 5", and will it fit a holster designed for a 5" pistol?

· Registered
60 Posts
HerkEngineer said:
Sti has finally posted the specs on their web site:
http://www.stiguns.com/guns/TruSight/TruSight.html

Mike, is the overall slide/expansion chamber the same length as a standard 5", and will it fit a holster designed for a 5" pistol?
Yes the over all lenght of the gun is the same as the Edge. So any holster that will fit an Edge should work fine.

Mike

· Registered
579 Posts
I'm not sure if the "expansion" chamber would be of any benefit over the same barrel configuration with no expansion chamber cut in terms of muzzle flip and the ablity to track the front sight.

Cleaning may well be a hastle for guys like me that only clean every several thousand rounds (yea I wipe the rails and slide/barrel with a rag and oil every 1000 rounds or so but detail cleaning is for when it's REALLY CRUDDY and just before it stops running)

· Registered
15 Posts
Tru Sight

Ok, Guys, got to shoot the TruSight at STI on Monday and was very impressed with it. I fired the TruSight and an Edge both in 40S&W side by side. Felt recoil on the TruSight seemed to be slightly less on the TruSight. Muzzel flip on the TruSight is were the big difference was. Much less muzzel flip on the TruSight when compared to an Edge in the same caliber. The shorter slide on the TruSight also made the gun cycle a lot quicker, so double and triple taps were much faster. I should have crono data by the end of the week and I'll post it when I get it.

Regards,

Mike Chasse (Owner)
5431 S. San Pedro Ave.
Sierra Vista, AZ. 85650

I am still waiting for the report on chrono data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thks,:rock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.