1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the new Trojan to the range tonight. I only had time to shoot 200 rounds. I had Winchester 230gr FMJ and some CCI Blazer 230gr FMJ. I used the 7 round magazine that came with the pistol, plus three Chip McCormick Power 10 magazines.

The magazine that came with the pistol would not hold the slide open after the last round. The Power 10 mags functioned flawlessly.

I had one failure to fully go into battery with one of the Blazer rounds. I took it out, looked it over and put it back in the magazine and it worked the 2nd time. Otherwise, everything fed and ejected and fired like it was suppossed to. No problems!

As for accuracy -- COOL!
I was impressed! This pistol shoots better than I do. I shot many rounds at 10 and 20 yards and was very pleased with the groupings.

Here is a target at 20 yards, shot standing with a two hand hold. This 10-shot group measures 1 3/4" center to center. 7 of 10 shots went into just over 1".

Overall, I am very happy, and would definitely feel comfortable protecting my life with this gun, and I also look forward to competing in IDPA with it too! I guess I'll order some Wilson Rodgers mags to replace that factory mag.

[This message has been edited by GrandmasterB (edited 08-03-2000).]

G

·
I am considering a Trojan for IDPA also. Can't decide between a Trojan and or a Gold Match Kimber. Price is less than the Gold Match but I don't know much about the STI.
Originally posted by GrandmasterB:
Took the new Trojan to the range tonight. I only had time to shoot 200 rounds. I had Winchester 230gr FMJ and some CCI Blazer 230gr FMJ. I used the 7 round magazine that came with the pistol, plus three Chip McCormick Power 10 magazines.

The magazine that came with the pistol would not hold the slide open after the last round. The Power 10 mags functioned flawlessly.

I had one failure to fully go into battery with one of the Blazer rounds. I took it out, looked it over and put it back in the magazine and it worked the 2nd time. Otherwise, everything fed and ejected and fired like it was suppossed to. No problems!

As for accuracy -- COOL!
I was impressed! This pistol shoots better than I do. I shot many rounds at 10 and 20 yards and was very pleased with the groupings.

Here is a target at 20 yards, shot standing with a two hand hold. This 10-shot group measures 1 3/4" center to center. 7 of 10 shots went into just over 1".

Overall, I am very happy, and would definitely feel comfortable protecting my life with this gun, and I also look forward to competing in IDPA with it too! I guess I'll order some Wilson Rodgers mags to replace that factory mag.

[This message has been edited by GrandmasterB (edited 08-03-2000).]
------------------
gs

[This message has been edited by G Selph (edited 08-07-2000).]

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G Selph,

Get the pistol that YOU like, and you'll be happy. I decided on the STI because I felt like it had most of the features I wanted and was a better value than the similarly priced competition of Kimber & Springfield. Others may disagree, but so far, I am very happy with the STI.

Read more about the Trojan at www.stiguns.com
There are links to magazine articles about the Trojan on STI's site -- read those too. Also, check this thread for more info on the Trojan. http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000583.html

Best regards and good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts