1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just couldn't leave well enough alone and so I called the dealer that sold me my fullsize SuperTuned a few weeks ago and asked if he still had the Champion V10 SuperTuned. He did and so today I went to see it. That was all it took. Although I prefer fullsize I thought I should own at least 1 Champion size gun. I haven't had much luck with the SA production guns but these SuperTuned are just great. My dealer has an officer size (compact??) SuperTuned that I'm looking at tomorrow. May as well throw in the towel and get all three sizes. I doubt that I'll shoot the compact much but who knows.

Although my fullsize is flawless, I do have one quesiton about my Champion. The last round does not always eject out of the gun. Sometimes the empty case is just sitting on top of the magazine (in the gun) with the slide locked back. Sometimes the last round just sort of plops out. Sometimes the empty case gets caught by the slide as it is trying to be ejected (this happens occasionally on rounds other than the last one as well). Doesn't happen all the time but has happened with 4 different mags. Does this sound like a mag issue, limp wristing (operator error...since it's just a little different from my other 1911s maybe I'm doing something different), ammo, extractor/ejector, other????

I'm obviously still in the break in stage but thought I'd ask.

This gun, just like my fullsize SuperTuned tore one big old hole in the 10 ring at 7 yards and this was just running a bunch of ammo through it for break-in. This ported model is one loud gun but it is fun to shoot.

Any of you that have an officer/compact size, how's the recoil compared to a fullsize/champion? I have shot a Colt Defender and thought it was OK but haven't shot one of the smaller SA guns.

Thanks for any info you might have.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The Champion comes with a 22lb recoil spring and unless you use full power loads all the time, it'll balk and wimp out on the last round in the mag. Try this...take the spring out of the mag and stretch it g-e-n-t-l-y and re-install it. If the mag works alright through a couple of loadings, it needs a stronger mag spring. If you have any full power ball ammo, use that for the whole magazine to be consistent. If it doesn't wear in pretty soon (300 or so) and the stronger mag spring with good quality ammo doesn't work, contact SA...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts