1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
not a huge fan of the barrel...but PRETTY...PM me and ill send u my FFL's address to ship the gun to:p

love the finish and the light just fits sooo nice..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the
1911Forum Board > Applications > Competitive Shooting
Picture thread, guns we use for games..

look at the last post I finally figured out how to post the images correctly.

What's wrong with the barrel??

Ed

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
That's Sandy's new barrel option

Well, new a year ago, and homologated for Limited Division. It uses the heavy rib where the ports would normally go, but is solid. The slide is milled to accomodate it, as it would be for an Open gun.

Result: Lighter - and faster - slide; heavier nose for less recoil. I'm waiting for mine! ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
scalinghammer said:

What's wrong with the barrel??

Ed
personal preference...ive never been a fan of hybrid barrels...not saying theres anything wrong with them...just personally dont like the looks...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It not a hybryd. It is a solid barrel just the top is higher than normal cone barrel and goes thru the slide. The front sight does not move as much as on a normal barreland slide combo.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
ok then...ignore me:p

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice looking roscoe Scalinghammer! How does the grip feel compared to a single stack or wilson KZ? Are you able to keep track of the front sight better w/ that bbl?

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
I didnt know that the non-ported hybrids were finally legal for limited. Good news. Might have to rethink my next project.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The grip is different. It is about 1-9/32 wide and 2 long. My Gold Cup is about 1/64 narrower and about the same length. I do have Colts rubber grips on it. If you take off the grips the single stack is smaller. Having said that I have been shooting this grip style for 7-8 years and a single stack feels funny.

I have not yet fired this gun. I have fired my sons hybryd 40 modified gun that has the same front sight config. I don't notice much difference but then I need to fire more. Don't we all.

Ed

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just fiber. I don't have any pistols with low light sights. I have never played with a attached light yet I guess I will fine out how they work soon.
Ed

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The pics I posted were taken by the factory SVI. I guess you can buy the gun just the way I got it. Bye the way it is all stainless steel. The light on the bottom is both a laser pointer and a white light flash light. It is really cool. On the back of the light on the bottom is a 4 position switch
1) off
2) laser
3) white light
4) both laser and white light

above that is a three position rocker switch
center off
right side down light on locked
left side down light on spring return

I will go shooting this evening and try it out.

Ed Henry

·
Registered
29 Posts
You got the Taran Buttler stirrup cut, only the second one I've seen. The first was on Taran's gun. I like it. Was it something you optioned for or it that the way SV built the gun?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It's a function of production numbers

and Sandy says there are enough already out there to satisfy the requirements. My next SVI is a .40 Limited with the same barrel/slide design; a 6" w/fiber optic front sight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts