1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just got done shooting mine, has around 250-300 rounds through it so far and its functioned flawlessly. I'm got rid of my higher end 1911s for the cheaper ones such as this because I dont care to get it muddy, scratch it, and just beat on it. I know you'll love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep committed to not spending $ on anything but ammo for the first 1000 rounds. After that we shall c!! I might polish the barrel because I works across the st. from a polishing shop! But that's it for now!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Having finally received my Buds Gun shop special (RIA 5" GI mil spec ) for $329.00 the other day I am very impressed with what I received for that price. The fitting and action/ lock-up were nicer than one of my SA's and a WC Colt. No great deal except for the price these RIA guys are selling their 1911's.

Keep up the great work RIA. Best bang for buck in 1911's! IMHO

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yep committed to not spending $ on anything but ammo for the first 1000 rounds. After that we shall c!! I might polish the barrel because I works across the st. from a polishing shop! But that's it for now!
Yea I said that but I just ordered a right handed thumb safety as I HATE ambidextrous safety's, a FO Front sight, magwell, and GI guide rod setup(probably keep FLGR but for less then $10 I couldnt pass it up just in case) from Fusion. They gave me a sweet deal being military. I then bought a set of VZ operator II with a magwell cut from a guy in the classifieds. All in all the added pieces cost me $160 extra but thats it other then more bullets to reload and go shoot the crap out of it.

Having finally received my Buds Gun shop special (RIA 5" GI mil spec ) for $329.00 the other day I am very impressed with what I received for that price. The fitting and action/ lock-up were nicer than one of my SA's and a WC Colt. No great deal except for the price these RIA guys are selling their 1911's.

Keep up the great work RIA. Best bang for buck in 1911's! IMHO
I ordered one of these as well and like it also. I plan to build a USGI Clone that is as close as I can make a RI GI.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got the same pistol OP, ran 450 flawless rounds through it Friday. I am very happy with it. I did buy a set of the VZ Operator IIs and the magwell that were taken off of a RIA before it was ever shot, got me for 65 shipped!

I'm also gonna put a full 1K rounds through it before changing anything else. Only change I'm really looking at now is Novak NS and a extended slide release.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A&S magwell? I have heard these are ria friendly. One question... If I already have the grips shown in above pics how will they look with a magwell? They don't have the magwell cut currently?!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Got the same pistol OP, ran 450 flawless rounds through it Friday. I am very happy with it. I did buy a set of the VZ Operator IIs and the magwell that were taken off of a RIA before it was ever shot, got me for 65 shipped!

I'm also gonna put a full 1K rounds through it before changing anything else. Only change I'm really looking at now is Novak NS and a extended slide release.
That is a really nice look you've got going on there. Congratulations on the new gun!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks to be the same, mine are the grips and magwell that ship on RIA Tacticals that are a step up. Thanks multi I am very happy with this pistol. I own a SA GI that ran about 80% so I was a little doubtful that a $350 1911 with these features would run, I'm not now. A buddy ask me about it and I I could say was "It just works". Here is is with my GI that I've "learned" on. I Had not got the VZs or Magwell yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts