1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
This gun will need to be transferred to my state’s FFL but I was at the special order shop when it arrived today and was able to fondle it a bit.

the Royal blued finish is deliciously deep. The matte finish is also gorgeous.

trigger pull is clean and crisp but not light. Definitely a service weight trigger pull, of which there’s nothing wrong with that. The thumb safety snicks on and off with bank vault positivity. Not light and not mushy.

the slide travel is like sliding on ice. I already got a special Milt Sparks holster made up for it.
I don’t quite know what to make of the “special” sticker on the case. It looks kinda cheesy

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
Beautiful pistol fnfalman ~ very nice! Another appealing attribute to your pistol, which you didn’t shows us, is the serrations on the top of the slide. Sweet!

On a side note: Pete’s logo takes the cheese out and puts the badassery into the sticker. :)

Nice little write-up about Pete’s involvement on TALO’s website: About time Pete started to get his name on some of the pistol’s he’s been involved with, too bad they didn’t put it on the product brochure that came inside your pistol box.
Colt USA O1911C — TALO Distributors Inc

Pic from TALO’s website

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
And apparently it only shipped with one set of grip instead of with an extra set.

Pete Single said he’s going to send me a spare set. What a guy!!!

I don’t know who’s screwing up here with the extra set of grips; Colt or Talo.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Wow, it’s beautiful!!

Reactions: fnfalman

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own pistol #80 and its very well done. Its a shame Ivory grips are so hard to get hands on these days because this is one of those guns that deserves them. Luckily I picked up a set or two before the last regulation on them.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I'd buy one as a project pistol though, maybe have the slide matte blued, add some different sights, and get some of the older Colt rubber logo grips to make it more subdued and practical for carry. It has the main things going for it; series 70, checkering, and that's about it.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I have a Registered Trademark on my logo now.

Some folk's wonder why the guy with an anvil?

The hammer & anvil was the first tool, the first hammer forge from which all other tools were made..............

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I have a Registered Trademark on my logo now.

Some folk's wonder why the guy with an anvil?

The hammer & anvil was the first tool, the first hammer forge from which all other tools were made..............

Thanks Mr. Single, I’m thinking about getting one of these!

61 - 80 of 122 Posts