1911Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Do these have different finish grades or are they high polished in Royal blue?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
She not only looks good but also a shooter too.

I didn’t have a lot of ammo to blaze away but it’s enough to give me the feel of things.

Ammo was cheap Russian steel case. The trigger pull is heavier than the Colt Hawk but breaks and resets just as clean. The Combat Elite’s trigger pull is better than the less expensive Colts but don’t compare in this August company.

anyway, she’s more than just a pretty face.

BTW, all brass ejected properly and didn’t even come close to my head with all three pistols.

I’ve been having a real problem with being able to focus on the front sights lately. However the standard all black sight on the Talo helped a bit, with the gold bead on the Colt Hawk next. The white outlined tritium sight on the Combat Elite was blurry to the max.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
anyway, she’s more than just a pretty face.
Nice trio of pistols. You shot very well, especially since you had issues keeping the front sight in focus. That USA Classic looks to be a sweet shooter, theres allot of appeal in that pistola. Dammit man, the wish list never ends.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Nice trio of pistols. You shot very well, especially since you had issues keeping the front sight in focus. That USA Classic looks to be a sweet shooter, theres allot of appeal in that pistola. Dammit man, the wish list never ends.
I’m going to have to re-equip one of my Colts with a red dot. I’m not a stranger to pistol red dot but I didn’t want to ruin the line and balance of a Colt, but right now I need to put practicality over aesthetics.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
I’m going to have to re-equip one of my Colts with a red dot.
Gotta do whatever you feel is necessary to stay sharp. Obviously, we need to train to our perceived threat level, if yours is 7 yards, then I’d say you’ve still got that well in hand with iron sights, even with a blurred front sight. But, if a dot gives you an advantage, then you should make that happen, or just consider a pistol already equipped with one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy Folk's,

I'm a little late getting to this thread and would like to throw my 2 cents in.

I'll get to the punch line first; pay your money & take your pick.

The models I had examined were very nicely done. The Royal bluing & polishing was excellent, the slide etching is of an old style vintage roll mark, it is very accurately inlayed.

There are a zillion 1911 makes and models to choose from these days, should be something to please everyone. Heck, there are models with skulls & cross bones, flames, which I don't really care for, but the folk's making these probably are making a lot moe money than me so I digress..........

Sheeet!I remember when people wouldn't buy plastic gun, now they are the biggest sellers, most have grip frames that have the ergonomics of the fat end of a baseball bat, and a trigger action that reminds me of the hood latch on my dad's old Buick, but people love them and they serve the purpose as intended. Many are very reliable workhorses so far be it for me to judge.

I think many folk's will be pleased with this new TALO addition, pay your money and take your pick.............. Pete
Getting mine in 3 days, very psyched

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Howdy Folk's

The TALO run is nearing it's end, so I changed-up the frontstrap treatment on a few for the folk's that may preferer 30 lpi checkering instead of 25 lpi, there is only less than 60 pcs of these. I am not sure how these will be distributed, so keep a look out for them, maybe on Gun Broker? Get yours first before you share it with a friend......

I also cut a few with classic Gold Cup style front serration, the pattern is a little wider than the tradition Colt cut and very attractive.

I have to admit these 30 lpi models came out extremely well, it is more difficult to do because it is so fine, all the tooling must be kept absolutely sharp and to the point.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Howdy Folk's

The TALO run is nearing it's end, so I changed-up the frontstrap treatment on a few for the folk's that may preferer 30 lpi checkering instead of 25 lpi, there is only less than 60 pcs of these. I am not sure how these will be distributed, so keep a look out for them, maybe on Gun Broker? Get yours first before you share it with a friend......

I also cut a few with classic Gold Cup style front serration, the pattern is a little wider than the tradition Colt cut and very attractive.

I have to admit these 30 lpi models came out extremely well, it is more difficult to do because it is so fine, all the tooling must be kept absolutely sharp and to the point.

Beautiful! Where did you get the Rockfish (Stripers)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Chesapeake Bay, GPS N37'12.491 W74'11.0542

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
There is no 'free time' @ the 1911 Research Administration......river giants....

·
Registered
341 Posts
I bought a Talo edition (one of 200 supposedly) .38 Super. Two tone with stainless slide, crappy rollmarks, found nothing really "special" about the pistol. Haven't fired it yet.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts