1911Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I bought a Talo edition (one of 200 supposedly) .38 Super. Two tone with stainless slide, crappy rollmarks, found nothing really "special" about the pistol. Haven't fired it yet.
View attachment 604158
Give it a shot K0025XX.

I got one just like yours on a "real deal." Talo is meaningless to me and I don't even like the two-tone look, but it runs like a show pony and is really accurate.

Roll markings aren't what they were 40 years ago, but they can easily be improved upon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Give it a shot K0025XX.

I got one just like yours on a "real deal." Talo is meaningless to me and I don't even like the two-tone look, but it runs like a show pony and is really accurate.

Roll markings aren't what they were 40 years ago, but they can easily be improved upon.
I agree. I did the same thing to mine. ;)(y)

·
Registered
467 Posts
When Pete built this work of art for me, I wanted some ivory looking grips. It’s amazing how well these VZ’s trick the eye into thinking their actually ivory, especially as they get dirty (which happens easily). Pete’s a fountain of knowledge, and as nice of guy as I’ve ever encountered. I enjoyed every chat I had with him and hope to meet him at SHOT, or when I’m on the east coast. If you ever have a chance to chat with him, have your notebook ready!!

Heres the grips:

0568EDB1-D643-4897-8E77-26300BCCEC3C.jpeg

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The rollmarks are not to my taste, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Howdy Folk's

The TALO run is nearing it's end, so I changed-up the frontstrap treatment on a few for the folk's that may preferer 30 lpi checkering instead of 25 lpi, there is only less than 60 pcs of these. I am not sure how these will be distributed, so keep a look out for them, maybe on Gun Broker? Get yours first before you share it with a friend......

I also cut a few with classic Gold Cup style front serration, the pattern is a little wider than the tradition Colt cut and very attractive.

I have to admit these 30 lpi models came out extremely well, it is more difficult to do because it is so fine, all the tooling must be kept absolutely sharp and to the point.

Are they using the same model number for the pistols with 30 LPI vs the older pistol?

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Same model numbers and I recorded the serial numbers

Reactions: Retired AF CE

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Looks like I’m buying a second one. My local Colt shop called and asked if I want one. I told them I already have one with serial number 491 of 500.

The dude said this gun’s serial number is 1382 and it has two sets of grips. I told him I don’t know if I want a second one bad enough. He said he’ll knock off $100, so I had to say yes.

This tells me that Talo is full of it for saying that the series was only a 500-units run. Though I think that sometimes they’d extend the run if there’s a big demand for a particular offering.

Friday can’t come soon enough.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I visited Pete Single at his shop (great guy by the way) and when I asked how many TALOs would be done he indicated around 1500. The last few might have a little extra on them. Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I visited Pete Single at his shop (great guy by the way) and when I asked how many TALOs would be done he indicated around 1500. The last few might have a little extra on them. Just sayin'
I believe Pete changed the LPI of the checkering.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts