1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a new stainless PT-1911AR last week and finally took it to the range.

I really like the PT-1911 except for the grips. I replaced the factory grips with a set of G10s and it greatly improved "traction" of the pistol to my hand.

I bought the pistol off Gunbroker and was worried that it would be loose and I am happy to report it is pretty tight, no rattles when I shake the pistol.

My first range session was flawless, but I should have brought more ammo! I did a good cleaning and lubed it up pretty well so that may be a reason for no failures, especially on a new pistol.

If you are looking at the PT-1911AR, holsters are hard to find but Taurus does offer one in their store and it is priced at $19!

I will continue to post range reports as time goes on.

Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats Scott. I've owned 3 Taurus 1911s. Still have the 1st one I bought many many years ago. Didn't put a lot of rounds through the 2nd & 3rd ones, but have thousands through the 1st. It has never and I mean NEVER had a malfunction of any type. And pretty damn accurate. Over the years, finances improved, and I can afford more costly pistols. But that Taurus is just too good to part with, for what I'd get for it. It's really a lot of gun for the money.
Post up a pic when you can.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have owned 6 Taurus Handguns, 1 each PT1911, Stainless and 5 each PT145's. If yours functions as it should, keep it as I found out that selling/trading Taurus Handguns is bad news as not much interest and lower value return on your investment

·
Registered
385 Posts
i have 2 PT1911s ,a 45 and a 38 Super bought both at good prices and both are reliable and accurate .
Like lashlaruhe stated they don't sell/trade well so I will keep them ,besides that I have had "high end" 1911s that didn't work as well !
stay safe

·
Registered
101 Posts
What, no Taurus hate here? WHAT HAPPENED?! OK, just to keep things proper, here goes. I dislike (hate might be too great a word, maybe "don't care for") the cheap, cheesy plastic grips. They look OK, but feel cheap and cheezy. The Taurus frame is not exactly the same as the 1911 frame, but so far the Pachmayrs I pulled off another 1911 fit it, several 1911 panels dropped right on, some other rubber grips fit fine, so finding something to work should be a no brainer.

Holster - Ebay (yeah I know, forgive me) some time ago had (and still might) some China made (like nearly every other thing I own unfortunately) plastic (kidex) 1911 holsters for $5 delivered. Since my PT1911 has a rail (wanted to see if I liked a rail. I don't) finding a leather holster that fits (even ones claimed to fit rails don't, although they are nice high quality holsters, but the cheapo plastic holsters fit perfectly! As a leather holster only lasts from 5-7 years of daily use, and kidex/plastic breaks every so often I bought a couple of them to keep me in holsters for the next few years.

If you don't mind Chinese, well anything, see if they are still around and try one. All you have to risk is getting covid 19 (had it, and as a high risk everything, I was mildly sick two days. Snotted out a gallon of snot, coughed a couple times a day for two days, was over it) from the packaging, but after being shot a couple times, shot at a bunch of times, getting....well you name it had it/done it/was inflicted with it/got it, I got to say I wasn't too worried about having it. If God wants me He knows where I am. A hang nail was a greater problem than C-19.

At my club there have been hi-end 1911s that didn't work worth a darn, one big name custom gun wouldn't even feed! PERIOD! Yeah, the custom smith "personally checks every one that goes out the door"! Must have missed that one! Every one laughs at the Taurus, but at least it works! Too many expensive guns don't! The anti-Taurus whiners, when pinned down admit they never tried one, but feel free to attack them, like they do Dillon, then admit they "never tried/used one" but feel free to trash them anyway. Ain't the net grand?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts