1911Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really liked the Tisas and I wanted to keep it but I didn't want a money pit (so to speak) so I sold it. The deal breaker for me were the grips--I have Spegels on my MkIII and I wanted to put some on the Tisas but when I saw that the aftermarket grips on the Tisas were pivoting around the screw hole I didn't want to end up messing up a set of Spegels on an unreliable piece.

I would probably buy another used Tisas if it showed up at a good price. I learned quite a bit from this first experience and in and of itself that was worth way more than the negligible loss I took when I sold it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I really liked the Tisas and I wanted to keep it but I didn't want a money pit (so to speak) so I sold it. The deal breaker for me were the grips--
Not all grips fit all High Powers, no matter if they are real, clones or copies.

My Tisas grips fit well on my 1960 and 1943 HPs and now live on my FEG. RDIH finger groove grips fit my Tisas (and MK3) but not the 1960 or 1943. I have some wraparound Pachmayrs that came with a MK2 Silver Chrome. They will never fit my Tisas, FEG, 1943 or 1960. A set of Crimson Trace grips for my MK3 do not fit the Silver Chrome. I had a set of BHSS Masters Grips fitted to the 1960 (thanks Mark!) and they fit as beautifully as a set right out of the box do on my MK3. I once returned a set of LOK Grips to be adjusted for a MK2 Alloy. LOK knew exactly what to do.

High Powers seem to vary... sometimes minor fitting is required.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts